cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #91
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
No.
I do enjoy seeing how Fox News parsed his quote. It was given in the context of whether the Dems could gain any consensus on how to proceed in Iraq if it was good news, and Fox News made it sound like he was suggesting the Dems were cheering for bad news.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #92
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would say you are not the example of an uninformed and uneducated person from your region, and that your pedigree is not typical.
well ,for your sake of information,we are having remarkably amount of women who are having wonderful educational background which assist them to take active part in political,economical,educational systems.
the thing which is typical ,is they mostly are reluctant to participate in such a media like internet due to a lack of adequate reliable communication networks .
Old 08-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #93
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I am sorry, but I don't quite get your response. I think the first sentence is sarcastic. I couldn't think of a more politically correct way of saying it. Perhaps I should have started with, "Sadly and I certainly wish this wasn't true, but I believe we are....................and one who is stronger survives."

As far as carrying the BYU name, I don't quite get that either. As for me, individuals and their comments or actions neither make me proud or embarassed for BYU. Contrary to popular opinion, BYU's fans and alumni are not the Borg and have varying opinions.

As an example, I am not fond of the Iranian President, however that does not make me dislike the Iranian people. Quite to the contrary. It was a long time ago, but when I first graduated and worked for a National Accounting firm, an Iranian became one of my closest colleques and friends. Funny, but we never discussed religion. I assume he was Muslim and I don't know if he even knew what a Mormon is.
ok,never mind ..i naively had thought a BYU alumni would do humanity a favor and give him a higher rank than animal ..
i guess i shouldnot have watched BYU tv too much .
Old 08-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #94
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
ok,never mind ..i naively had thought a BYU alumni would do humanity a favor and give him a higher rank than animal ..
i guess i shouldnot have watched BYU tv too much .
No statement about any large collection of human beings will ever be true.

First, BYU71 is a very sarcastic human being. Sometimes I gather you perceive sarcasm, sometimes it seems you lose it altogether.

Second, BYU students vary just as widely as Muslims. You try to make the distinction between your brand of Muslim and those engaged in raping families and children.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #95
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
No statement about any large collection of human beings will ever be true.

First, BYU71 is a very sarcastic human being. Sometimes I gather you perceive sarcasm, sometimes it seems you lose it altogether.

Second, BYU students vary just as widely as Muslims. You try to make the distinction between your brand of Muslim and those engaged in raping families and children.
well,the downside of applying sarcasm is this....you think that i couldnot take the hint and vice versa ,while we both enjoy our own sarcasm while posting .
but categorising human being in animal echelon and requiring the animal kingdom roles to govern it ,is basically uncomparable with any sort of distinction and you know that..
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #96
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

did mindful ever post a pic of herself?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #97
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
did mindful ever post a pic of herself?
No, becuase it would be honored the worst avatars ever
Old 08-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #98
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I do enjoy seeing how Fox News parsed his quote. It was given in the context of whether the Dems could gain any consensus on how to proceed in Iraq if it was good news, and Fox News made it sound like he was suggesting the Dems were cheering for bad news.
That's nonsense. The Grapevine report was a very fair 30-second recap of the actual WaPo article (link below).

Dems require bad news to get the support they need to defund the war. Whether that amounts to "cheering" is up to the viewer/electorate to decide, but you can't deny they've put themselves in a political circumstance to benefit from it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...073001380.html

Quote:
well ,for your sake of information,we are having remarkably amount of women who are having wonderful educational background which assist them to take active part in political,economical,educational systems.
the thing which is typical ,is they mostly are reluctant to participate in such a media like internet due to a lack of adequate reliable communication networks .
Let me reveal my ignorance here and ask: are you Iranian? Do you now at this time live in Iran?

I really don't think you want to start getting into a US vs. Iran contest about which society has more freedoms, mindful. But I'll go there if you want.

I'm very happy that you are an upper-class, educated Iranian woman, but you are unfortunately in the minority. If you can't see how more democracy and more freedoms for your people would benefit them, fine, but until terrorists from that region stop terrorizing, you can expect to find us doing what we can to induce just that.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 08-01-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #99
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
That's nonsense. The Grapevine report was a very fair 30-second recap of the actual WaPo article (link below).

Dems require bad news to get the support they need to defund the war. Whether that amounts to "cheering" is up to the viewer/electorate to decide, but you can't deny they've put themselves in a political circumstance to benefit from it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...073001380.html

Let me reveal my ignorance here and ask: are you Iranian? Do you now at this time live in Iran?

I really don't think you want to start getting into a US vs. Iran contest about which society has more freedoms, mindful. But I'll go there if you want.

I'm very happy that you are an upper-class, educated Iranian woman, but you are unfortunately in the minority. If you can't see how more democracy and more freedoms for your people would benefit them, fine, but until terrorists from that region stop terrorizing, you can expect to find us doing what we can to induce just that.
its okay ..feel free to ask any question.
yes .i am an iranian ,living in iran in this very moment and have never been living in any foreing country ....i am a keen on travelling though.

i am in the minority ,you are right ,but not in education or life-style..rather in believing that people should get to know eachother inorder to overcome all the hostility which comes from ignorance.
so i simply took the great opportunity which internet has provided us and started to know others and let them know me and my country as well.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #100
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
but categorising human being in animal echelon and requiring the animal kingdom roles to govern it ,is basically uncomparable with any sort of distinction and you know that..
And that was the point, he was mostly sarcastic in categorizing humans below animals.

Our society is a very, very sarcastic society.

We often do not say what we mean or mean what we say. It is very, very difficult for those who have not been immersed in the culture to understand what level of skepticism and sarcasm all aspects of speech.

For an outsider to our culture to understand it would nearly impossible.

BYU71 is actually a very genuine human being, but a very sarcastic poster.