cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road
Default Playing Cranium with the folks from the ward...

We were doing one of those things where you have to act out silent clues (like Charades). It was an all play so you have four of the ward's upstanding bretheren trying to get four of our sweet sisters to guess the following...

Clue: Thing

Two words. One word was quickly identified as Horse. The following guesses were made as to the other word..

Horse Condom
Horse Safe Sex
Horse Penis
Horse Rubber
Rubber Horse
Horse Dick

And the answer was...

Trojan Horse.

How would you communicate "Trojan" to your wife?
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

You could have acted out the national championship game?

My most interesting board game moment was playing some game (that I can't remember the name of) that has a box that drops a couple of letters at a time and you have to say a word that starts with the first and ends with the second. Keep in mind this is with the in-laws (parents, older sister, 4 younger siblings) and the first letter is 'S' and the second is 'M.' Of course, I blindly yell "sadomasochism!" The adults go silent, the kids are bummed that I won that round and then one teen asks, "What is that?" My father-in-law then procedes to give a very vague definition of the unfortunate term. I decided against big words after that one.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
fuegote

fuegote
Default Re: Playing Cranium with the folks from the ward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
We were doing one of those things where you have to act out silent clues (like Charades). It was an all play so you have four of the ward's upstanding bretheren trying to get four of our sweet sisters to guess the following...

Clue: Thing

Two words. One word was quickly identified as Horse. The following guesses were made as to the other word..

Horse Condom
Horse Safe Sex
Horse Penis
Horse Rubber
Rubber Horse
Horse Dick

And the answer was...

Trojan Horse.

How would you communicate "Trojan" to your wife?
I know reproduce is an all play...

that one is classic.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:55 PM   #4
DirtyHippieUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote
I know reproduce is an all play...

that one is classic.
Funny you should mention reproduce (or Nee Row Moose) as it is called in my circle of friends.

I have a friend who is a little too open minded to be called "Peter Priesthood," but who finds discussing "intimate" subjects just about as comfortable as a fire ant lazyboy.

His wife is as "molly" as he is "peter."

We had the all play for reproduce. I am now banned from ever making the gesture of index finger thru a circle formed by thumb and index finger on the opposite hand.

Mrs. Hippe and "Peter" were both saying "Nee Row Moose" over and over. "Molly" was alternating between acting like a copy machine and doing some sort of interpretive dance that represented the birthing process.

That was one of those nights where the Hippie family invited the spirit by leaving the room. It is still something of a touchy subject.

Ironic ending...

Molly and Peter have a son. He was recently given a bunch of animal toys. His favorite is the Moose. Without any help from his parents he managed to name it Nero.

Long live Nero Moose.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #5
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
We had the all play for reproduce. I am now banned from ever making the gesture of index finger thru a circle formed by thumb and index finger on the opposite hand.
Speaking of that gesture, when I was on my mission we lived in a second story apartment that shared a common courtyard with the landlord's family that lived downstairs. One of the Elders in our apartment was downstairs in the courtyard doing magic tricks for the landlord's kids. At one point the landlord's teenage daughter turns to the elder and says, "Do you know this trick?", while making the index finger through the circle gesture. The elder just laughed and kept doing magic tricks. He had no idea what the gesture meant and what the girl was suggesting. When we later told him what the gesture meant, he thought we were messing with him. It took us about a half an hour to convince him that he had just been propositioned.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHU
and doing some sort of interpretive dance that represented the birthing process
That's my favorite. It's funny has hell to watch. Also, the sculpter one is funny if you have the word nipple.

I can't play with my friends since I'm the only one that knows how to hum 99% of the songs.
School's out for the summer is one that no one ever gets. oh well.

I bet we could have some battles.

BTW: I played Scene it with the ward and completly dominated the field without having watched 80% of the movies (stupid trap for a mind). we had the entire neighborhood vs. me and they never really had a chance.

I love games.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:25 AM   #7
DirtyHippieUTE

Mrs. Hippie and I reign supreme in our Cranium universe. We layed the smack down on some friends from the ward the other night. I think they've decided they want to play some other game next time.

Another hilarious Cranium moment...

I was acting out "bungee jumping." I stood on my chair, jumped off and then bounced back up onto the chair. As I was bouncing back up, Mrs. Hippie yells the answer. A split second later, the chair splintered into about 4 pieces and I was on the floor.

Mrs. Hippie said, "Why did you jump back up on the chair after I had already guessed the answer."

Fortunately for me, "Horse Condom" jokes have now replaced the bungee chair jokes.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Horse Condom, King of Cranium
Horse Condom
Do I even want to know?
Old 01-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #9
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got Scene it the ESPN sports edition, thats a solid game, i just cant find any challengers. I just dominate like you have never seen.