cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Austin Collie 2010

Had a great game against the Texans, if you don't count his critical fumble at the 10 yard line.

Later he had a 73 yard TD grab, which was impressive because the safety couldn't catch him.

10 catches, 131 yards, 1 TD.

Remember, Collie really came in after Anthony Gonzalez was hurt last season. Well G. is back, and I think it is pretty safe to say that Collie is ahead of him on the depth chart.

[if we had someone more familiar with the Colts on the site, maybe they would say that Garcon and Gonzalez are splitting time at the same position...who knows....point is that Collie is not on the bench..]
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Another stellar game for Collie. This time against Denver. Garcon and Gonzalez both injured, so they had a dude called up from the practice squad. Leaving Manning with Wayne and his tight end, Dallas Clark, as his favorite targets.

I watched the game, and of course you can't really see the secondary, but I read an article where it said they rolled coverage towards Wayne and Clark, leaving a lot of single coverage for Collie. And he took advantage.

Collie is just a very steady solid receiver. He has great hands, makes great reads, and obviously has great chemistry with the greatest passer in the NFL today (and IMO, the greatest in history). Great body contol. Great routes. Underrated speed. Collie must be on cloud nine, to be playing with Manning, and having the success he is having. I wonder how Collie would do on a team with a more average quarterback, just to see how his skills translate in another system. If Collie is lucky, we will never find out.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote