cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Whoa there sailor... I graduated in 1998... When you were in LDSSA, were you in Sigma Gamma Chi? If so, what chapter? Was Mrs. Pride in Lambda Delta Sigma?
oops, i was responding to mormon red death who graduated from Olympus in '94. Where did you graduate from?

as for my story with sigma gamma chi......

upon going to the 2004 fall carnival and deciding which chapter i should join, a few rho guys came up to me and told me that if i wanted the girls, i should join their chapter. then, a few phi guys came up and said if you are into sports and getting all the ladies, then their chapter was the way to go. i then started talking to some guys from xi who were a year younger than me at olympus and said, if you want to have true friends, play sports, and get the ladies, then join with us.

in my decision making, i took into account all factors.

RHO: most of the rho guys seemed like were pretty boys with their pink shirts and collars popped... all the guys that weren't "pretty" looked as if the were trying really really hard to fit in. sports didn't seem to be in their blood very much. plus i heard there was a lot of back biting in the chapter with the occasional bitch fit.

PHI: i was very intrigued with them. they had alot of pride in their chapter because the won the turkey bowl every year. along with rho, they were very confident in their ablilites to get their share of women. they all looked like a bunch of fun guys and it looked like the friends i'd always had.

XI: i was hesitant with this chapter because it was still pretty new. their talent for getting the chicks hadn't been proven yet. however, i knew a few of the guys in there and the rest of them seemed to be decent guys, plus sports was also an emphasis.

after throwing rho out of the equation right away, due to their arrogance and cockiness, as well as their, as it would seem, inadequacy to do anything that requires any physical skill, it was down to phi and xi. i wanted to help out the guys from my high school and establish their new chapter so i decided to go with them, taking the risk that they weren't one of the "cool" chapters yet and not getting any girls.

after joining xi, very quickly i realized i had made a good choice for me. all the guys in there were very genuinely good guys. we had a ton of fun together and accomplished a lot of cool stuff. we beat phi in the turkey bowl, thus fulfilling my need for sports and dominance, they succeeded in baiting the ladies and we did a lot of fun activities and met a lot of cool girls.

as for Mrs. Pride. she was president of the xi sorority. i was only in the xi fraternity for fall semester and my wife had to cut her presidency short
(she was asked to do it for another year). if you were in the ldssa system around then, you maybe would have known her.

anyway, that's the story. out of about, i would guess 50 guys, only about 10-15 of us were BYU fans. the u is a fine place to go to school. both BYU and utah have their advantages and disadvantages. at this point in my life, with where i am and what i'm doing, it only made sense to go to the u.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote