cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs. Utah 2011

As crazy as it sounds, after BYU blows out Utah in the Huntsman, BYU did not play a great game.

But I think that tells you how bad Utah is. They are AWFUL. Silly turnovers galore. A point guard with the handles of a band nerd undergoing a seizure. Just stupid passes, and guys not catching passes. And passes so bad you don't know even know who they were directed to.

This was my first time to see the Utes play this season, and one thing is clear in my mind. Boylen is gone. Boylen is a terrible coach. You look at this team, and ask yourself, are they playing to their potential? Do they show evidence of being well-coached? Is the sum greater than the parts? The answer is NO to each of these questions. Boylen--terrible hire, bad coach. Going to be out of a job.

Jimmer--wow. When he goes all playground, and can't miss, it is very fun to watch. We are seeing a once-in-a-generation BYU player. The best since Ainge. You think of the truly stellar players--Durrant (whom I never saw play), Ainge, Michael Smith--and now Jimmer. There are some older guys too, like Kresmir, but I've never seen any video on them. Truly special. I hope you guys are catching some games, because they are fun.

I thought I detected some mild resentment from teammates at the end. Like Emery not giving the ball to Fredette. Something to keep your eye on.

I say it was not a good game by BYU, because especially at the beginning, the defense and rebounding was poor, the shot selection was bad. Lethargic.

The SDSU game is going to be epic. And New Mexico in the Pit.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

oh yeah, the Huntsman was embarrassingly empty, and honestly, it sounded like there were more BYU fans there than Ute fans.

What a disgusting fan base, for Utah. Disgusting fans for a revolting team, led by an imbecile.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
As crazy as it sounds, after BYU blows out Utah in the Huntsman, BYU did not play a great game.

But I think that tells you how bad Utah is. They are AWFUL. Silly turnovers galore. A point guard with the handles of a band nerd undergoing a seizure. Just stupid passes, and guys not catching passes. And passes so bad you don't know even know who they were directed to.

This was my first time to see the Utes play this season, and one thing is clear in my mind. Boylen is gone. Boylen is a terrible coach. You look at this team, and ask yourself, are they playing to their potential? Do they show evidence of being well-coached? Is the sum greater than the parts? The answer is NO to each of these questions. Boylen--terrible hire, bad coach. Going to be out of a job.

Jimmer--wow. When he goes all playground, and can't miss, it is very fun to watch. We are seeing a once-in-a-generation BYU player. The best since Ainge. You think of the truly stellar players--Durrant (whom I never saw play), Ainge, Michael Smith--and now Jimmer. There are some older guys too, like Kresmir, but I've never seen any video on them. Truly special. I hope you guys are catching some games, because they are fun.

I thought I detected some mild resentment from teammates at the end. Like Emery not giving the ball to Fredette. Something to keep your eye on.

I say it was not a good game by BYU, because especially at the beginning, the defense and rebounding was poor, the shot selection was bad. Lethargic.

The SDSU game is going to be epic. And New Mexico in the Pit.
I don't know what choice BYU had, because from what I could tell by listening until my meeting began, is that the rest of the players in the first half were not playing well.

Davies took it straight at a 7 foot 3 guy, instead of head faking. And nobody else was hitting for a while, so BYU just played badly but still blew Utah out.

We can't play that way against the Aztecs or the Lobos. Let's hope the defensive effort returns.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
oh yeah, the Huntsman was embarrassingly empty, and honestly, it sounded like there were more BYU fans there than Ute fans.

What a disgusting fan base, for Utah. Disgusting fans for a revolting team, led by an imbecile.
Funny that you post about Utah more than BYU. You seem fascinated with disgusting, revolting imbeciles. If you don't believe me, do an advanced search:

"BYU" and "MikeWaters" = 293 results
"Utah" and "MikeWaters" = 500 results (the maximum).

And, to be fair, since you may have been referring to current affairs in the state of Utah in some of those threads, I give you:

"Ute" and "MikeWaters" = 500 results (the maximum).
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Sorry to burst your bubble, but search for "BYU" by itself on this site, and you only get 470 returns.

When you do an advanced google search, you get the following results:

mikewaters utes = 184
mikewaters utah = 163
mikewaters byu = 26,200

So are you going to tell me that BYU is only mentioned here 470 times, and of those I mentioned them only 293 times?

Please. You are displaying Boylen-like analytical powers.

If I were you, I'd be glass half-full. At last Boylen has proven that he needs to be fired, and you can now get the next guy to (hopefully for you) turn the program around.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to know if you still think you can check Jimmer?

I do think you can guard Nick Martineau, in fact having never seen you play basketball I would put money that you would be a better backup PG than Martineau.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

No, I don't think I can guard Jimmer. Anymore.

Jimmer as a frosh? Could shut that fat-kid down no prob.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I just want to know if you still think you can check Jimmer?

I do think you can guard Nick Martineau, in fact having never seen you play basketball I would put money that you would be a better backup PG than Martineau.
If Martineau plays any significant amount of minutes next year, the prospects of having a Ute type year increase exponentially.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If Martineau plays any significant amount of minutes next year, the prospects of having a Ute type year increase exponentially.
Hopefully Carlino steals any potential minutes from Martineau. Winder can potentially back him up if not Rose brings in a JC point guard.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Martineau just needs some confidence. You guys watch. He's going to tear things up against Pomona Tech, or whoever it is we play in the WCC.