cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
You are kidding yourself if you think you would not consider torture under a circumstance wherre your family was about to be killed. (in fact, reading your posts about guns and survivalism and then imapgining you in a room with a gun in your hand and a guy htat knew how to stop the death of your family and won't tell you how leads to a pretty easy to predict result). As a matter of policy I think the answer is easy. As a mtter of personal choice to rptect my family and homwtonw? the choice is much more difficult. Plus, the larger and more immediate the threat the more diffoicult the choice beocmes.
would you rape a child in front of a father who had hidden away your family?

If not, then what lines are you not willing to cross to save your family?

Would you cut off fingers? Would you cut out his eyes?

Would you advocate passing a law where certain domestic crime suspects could be tortured for information? For example a child is kidnapped, and the suspect is caught, and it is believed she is hidden away and perhaps still alive? (this has happened).

You, holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood, who values eternal life above all other things, what manner of depravity would you sink to?

I suspect you will not answer these questions.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Would you advocate passing a law where certain domestic crime suspects could be tortured for information? For example a child is kidnapped, and the suspect is caught, and it is believed she is hidden away and perhaps still alive? (this has happened).

You, holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood, who values eternal life above all other things, what manner of depravity would you sink to?

I would do all of that and more......if it meant one more minute with you.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I don't know what I would do, because the unlikeliness of a situation where I would need to consider it is extremely remote.

I cannot see myself ever raping or forcibly having sex with another person. So that one is easy.

The most I could see myself doing is beating somebody to a bloody pulp, but then again, without the exact circumstances being forced upon me, it would be a dishonest thing for me to speculate on.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #14
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You never answered Rocky's questions, so why should you get your questions answered?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
You never answered Rocky's questions, so why should you get your questions answered?
I pointed out that I would use the principle of doing what I would think GBH would do, which is not break any commandment and do as Christ would do.

Pay attention you shit.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #16
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I don't know what I would do. These examples are a bit silly, as we are talking about simulated drowning, not child rape. OTOH, what if you could save 700,000 people if you cut off the fingers of a prisoner? WOuld you do it?

POlicy and personal decisions are not the same thing. I strongly believe in due process. ALl accused should be given a trial, even those we know are gulkty. OTOH, if a guy that had raped my daughter was being tried, I might be tempted to go Ellie Nessler on him. This would be bad, I know, and should never be policy, and would be inconcistent with my beliefs and would NOT be justifed, but I might still do it.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I don't know what I would do. These examples are a bit silly, as we are talking about simulated drowning, not child rape. OTOH, what if you could save 700,000 people if you cut off the fingers of a prisoner? WOuld you do it?

POlicy and personal decisions are not the same thing. I strongly believe in due process. ALl accused should be given a trial, even those we know are gulkty. OTOH, if a guy that had raped my daughter was being tried, I might be tempted to go Ellie Nessler on him. This would be bad, I know, and should never be policy, and would be inconcistent with my beliefs and would NOT be justifed, but I might still do it.
They are silly, because they have never happened?

What world do you live in? History is your friend. Educate yourself.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #18
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I pointed out that I would use the principle of doing what I would think GBH would do, which is not break any commandment and do as Christ would do.

Pay attention you shit.
Is GBH > Nephi?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #19
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Pay attention you shit.
You're the guy that broke another person's nose in a basketball game? You love provocation to the point of watching people dissemble and possess a better ability to manipulate and perhaps torture with psychological means, and you wish us to believe you would be meek and mild?

After observing your areas of aggression, this seems unlikely of you.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Pay attention you shit.
Hilarious.

Spoken like a true adherent to GBH and a disciple of Christ.

7 times 70, my friend.

FAIL

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote