cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #31
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I think it's important what Obama has said about Wright's influence on him.

This one is done. As much as Obamaniacs want to blur the ties between the two, it cannot be done. These two are tied at the hip because Obama wanted it that way (until about three months ago).

A constant theme for Dems in the past has been linking Repub candidates with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. To quote Rev Wright who was quoting an Iraqi Ambassador, "The chickens have come home to roost."
So how would what Rev. Wright said translate to policy in an Obama adm?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #32
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
So how would what Rev. Wright said translate to policy in an Obama adm?
If I were an Obamaniac that's all I would want to talk about: policy.

This whole fiasco speaks to judgement. Obama bursts onto the scene soothing the masses with his soft rhetoric of change and "yes we can." But who was he? What had he done of consequence? Who does he count as his influencers?

This is about judgement. There is little policy difference between Obama and Clinton, so one gets the same with either one. It's about judgement, and it appears that Obama has got himself a real pickle to deal with. Rev Wright is evidence that Obama comes up lacking in this department.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #33
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You could give Tex lessons.
That has to be no less than 6 posts in 2 days where you've mentioned my name, Arch. I'm so flattered!

So what is it you are gunning for? President of my fan club? Looking for a autographed photo? A date?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #34
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
That has to be no less than 6 posts in 2 days where you've mentioned my name, Arch. I'm so flattered!

So what is it you are gunning for? President of my fan club? Looking for a autographed photo? A date?
You are the standard for not seeing the weakness in your political party by which others are judged. Cali has reached a similar status as he runs to defend every perceived slight of Obama, because for him Obama is the Christ.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #35
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

This whole fiasco speaks to judgement. Obama bursts onto the scene soothing the masses with his soft rhetoric of change and "yes we can." But who was he? What had he done of consequence? Who does he count as his influencers?

This is about judgement. There is little policy difference between Obama and Clinton, so one gets the same with either one. It's about judgement, and it appears that Obama has got himself a real pickle to deal with. Rev Wright is evidence that Obama comes up lacking in this department.
Then why isn't it about judgement with McCain and his glowing comments for Rev. Hagee? Or the fact that he accepted Hagee's endorsement?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #36
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You are the standard for not seeing the weakness in your political party by which others are judged. Cali has reached a similar status as he runs to defend every perceived slight of Obama, because for him Obama is the Christ.
Captain Hyperbole saves the day.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #37
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Then why isn't it about judgement with McCain and his glowing comments for Rev. Hagee? Or the fact that he accepted Hagee's endorsement?
You're not embarrased by this response?

You're a smart guy, Cali. You don't need to do this.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #38
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Captain Hyperbole saves the day.
Exaggerate then simplify. It's a political technique.

If we voted, I wager many would place the two of you on the same plane.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #39
Cali Coug

Quote:
You're not embarrased by this response?

You're a smart guy, Cali. You don't need to do this.
??? I am embarrassed that Wright and Hagee are turning into focal points for the election when neither of them reflect the character of the candidates involved. You're a smart guy, myboynoah. Stop pretending that your posts on Wright are about "judgement," particularly since you are only going to review the "judgement" of one of the two candidates in that context.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #40
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

there are plenty of policy differences between him and Hillary.

so in what way do you think Rev Wright will influence him?

Judgment? The business community has already lauded Obama's leadership abilities. You can get a lot done with charisma.