cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Powerful rich people have a lot more temptation.
Be strong SU and if you're not please share.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #12
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Signed,

Barney Frank
and seconded,

Jim McGreevey
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Edwards' statement:

Quote:
In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness. Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public. When a supermarket tabloid told a version of the story, I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it. But being 99% honest is no longer enough.

I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public. With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly. But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006. It ended then. I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established. I only know that the apparent father has said publicly that he is the father of the baby. I also have not been engaged in any activity of any description that requested, agreed to or supported payments of any kind to the woman or to the apparent father of the baby.

It is inadequate to say to the people who believed in me that I am sorry, as it is inadequate to say to the people who love me that I am sorry. In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up - feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

I have given a complete interview on this matter and having done so, will have nothing more to say.
Leave him alone, guys. It's tough being a self-deprecating, egocentric, narcissistic, 99% honest millionaire trial lawyer.

You cannot possibly beat him up more than he has beaten up himself. May The Obama grant him forgiveness.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #14
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/...edwards_affair

Affairs are never good but in a way I'm glad that protectionist Walmart-bashing trial lawyer is out of the VP picture.
Very disappointing indeed.

I don't know that the phrase "I have been stripped bare" was good imagery either in his statement.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Very disappointing indeed.

I don't know that the phrase "I have been stripped bare" was good imagery either in his statement.
Does anybody care about affairs any longer? I know all Springville mascot hating RS presidents do, but outside of that, will we ever get to the point of just ignoring this shit.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Does anybody care about affairs any longer? I know all Springville mascot hating RS presidents do, but outside of that, will we ever get to the point of just ignoring this shit.
Agreed. I'm not sure how this is any of our business, even if he were still in the running for VP/Pres. I didn't care about Clinton (other than the juicy details, which are always entertaining), I don't care about Edwards, I don't care about bathroom stalls (well, I do care a little more there as he's bordering on breaking the law...).
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #17
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing I've never understood about JE: Why does he part his hair on the wrong side of his head? If he parted his hair on the other side, he wouldn't have such a 'hair wave'.

Also there is this...

Quote:
Previous research has shown that people of any age who appear baby-faced, with a round face, large eyes, a small nose, a high forehead and a small chin, tend to be rated as less competent — though often as more trustworthy as well.
http://www.bookofjoe.com/2005/06/why_john_edward.html

8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #18
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Larry Craig's bathroom footsie: 3 weeks of news coverage.
Mark Foley's explicit text messages: 2 months.

John Edwards' affair and possible illegitimate child: 22 seconds.

Being a Democrat philanderer instead of a Republican philanderer: priceless.
Bill Clinton and Gary Condit may want to take issue with you on this one.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #19
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Bill Clinton and Gary Condit may want to take issue with you on this one.
The days of that stuff being news are past. When sixty to seventy percent of all marriages suffer from affairs do you really believe anybody gets bent out of shape about them?

What I can't figure out is why male politicians impregnate their paramours?

And when was the last time a female politician got pregnant from an affair? That would be juicy.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #20
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/...edwards_affair

Affairs are never good but in a way I'm glad that protectionist Walmart-bashing trial lawyer is out of the VP picture.
I tend to think that his indiscretion will make him a lock for VP. Democrats around the country love this kind of behavior in their politicians.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote