cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #21
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Exactly. How stupid is the McCain campaign/RNC that they thought this would go unnoticed? Hypocrisy is one of the most unforgivable political sins.

They misjudge how much people get hung up over trivial and stupid matters. They should have had her looking like shit. Then the media and Americans would have loved her.

Maybe she could say she doesn't read the NY Times or Newsweek just like us and the media would love her. Oh wait, they didn't like that.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #22
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
lol! UteStar buys his clothes at Target! I bet he says Tarjay just to make it sound cool. What an unfashionable person.
You need to read better...I don't do Target. Her shopping there would make the general public feel better about her. She dresses sharp and you can tell. At least I can tell. It was a great move for her to spend the money to find the clothes she liked...it was a bad, bad more PR wise for her.

Anyway, continue on enjoying Dayton fashions.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #23
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
SEXISM ALERT. This is a non-issue for the guys.
It's sort of sexism, but you're missing where the sexism is. There's just a completely different expectation for how women appear. Women in the limelight can't have a bad hairday and they certainly can't wear the same pantsuit twice. Alternately, as of April, Obama disclosed a total of five suits and four pair of shoes. A woman would never get away with that. She'd be called out by People Magazine for being seen twice in the same outfit.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #24
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
SEXISM ALERT. This is a non-issue for the guys.
SEMANTICS ALERT: It is a non-issue for guys who dont bill themselves as Joe Six Pack Hockey dads.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #25
BarbaraGordon

What's interesting is that if you notice, the campaign didn't pay for this. The RNC paid for all this. I don't even know if that's allowed.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #26
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
They misjudge how much people get hung up over trivial and stupid matters. They should have had her looking like shit. Then the media and Americans would have loved her.

Maybe she could say she doesn't read the NY Times or Newsweek just like us and the media would love her. Oh wait, they didn't like that.
Just curious, did you feel the same way when Edwards got a $400 haircut? And also, I don't think anyone thought that the repubs should have had her look like 'shit', but, call me crazy, a little bit less than $250,000 probably would have done the job. Even with my fashion sense, I could have dressed her pretty well for $100,000.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #27
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Republicans perfected the art of trivial matters. Don't you remember the mocking of John Kerry's hunting, windsurfing and cycling outfits? John Edwards haircuts? Hillary's haircuts? Bill Clinton's haircuts?

If anything, they should have learned from the fuss over McCain's multiple homes and his wife's six-figure bling. Don't do anything that looks elitist! Simple lesson that fell on deaf ears.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #28
BarbaraGordon

It's really pretty impressive how many strategic errors this campaign has made. McCain should have run away with this election, with as many liabilities as Obama has.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #29
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

This would have never happend had Romney been nominated.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #30
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Egregious behavior is your definition. I consider it part of marketing and if that is how much they think they need to spend on her that is their decision. I am sure in Obama's war chest we could find some pretty egregious spending. Maybe like buying votes somewhere. Of course you wouldn't consider that egregious, you are focused on how much they spend on dressing her.

If you think someone who gets into the political spotlight can remain and act like a "little guy", I have given you far too much credit over the time I have known you on this board.
Again, I don't disagree that it was part of marketing. They need their candidate to look good in her 3 month long job interview.

You keep sidestepping the issue....I am saying it was a political blunder....not a moral one, not an economic one, not a legal one. If she had done her shopping at local shops, discount retailers, etc.....she would have easy leverage over all the Washington fatcats that drop egregious money on Eye-talian suits. Just another lost opportunity for Sarah Barracuda.

The other thing is that the clothing she is buying doesnt even fit her well. She is wasting your political donations on frumpy coats, poochy skirts, etc....I thought Hillary needed a stylist....Palin's wardrobe cries out for sartorial intervention.

Also, why are you so mad at the media? They warned you months ago that the economy was in trouble. You should have listened back then.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote