cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2020, 12:36 AM   #21
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulcoug View Post
Fortunately we are living in an era that it is really hard to remain ignorant. There are enough sources to verify different claims directly or indirectly.

we are the people who wanted to get ride of Shah and have a democratic elected government. Look what has been done to us. From toppling down Mosadegh in 1935, till after the revolution, the Iraq-Iran war which had the whole world supporting Saddam for eight years and then pressuring our new inexperienced government with whatever means until now. Do you think Iran and its people have had any chance to build the better world for themselves?

I admit that we have used scary words and tools to push forward our agenda but its not because we are bad people it’s because we haven seen a lot of betrayal to trust the world and take off our gloves.

Religiously controlled governments concern western secular societies. Western societies also eschew patriarchies.

Thus, having a reclusive, religiously controlled patriarchy is difficult for western societies to understand and to trust.

Western involvement in Iran has been distasteful since the CIA overthrow in 1953. I agree with Mike, we shouldn't dictate to people what they don't want.

Don't want feminism? That shouldn't be ours to foist upon someone. Want religion to govern your life? So be it.

The language of Islam is hard for a Western mindset to understand.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:37 AM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You like honor killings in your country? Okay. What am I going to do about it? Send my children to die for your girls and women? No.

I’ve got news for Iran. WE ARE NOT IN IRAN. I repeat, we are not in Iran. Leave us alone. Stop trying to rule every country around you. Stop trying to erase Israel from the map. Stop trying to build nuclear weapons while at the same time shouting “DEATH TO AMERICA!”

Just live your lives in peace like your people (supposedly) want.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:09 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I have a question. Do Iranians really have freedom and fair elections as we understand it in the west?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #24
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Religiously controlled governments concern western secular societies. Western societies also eschew patriarchies.

Thus, having a reclusive, religiously controlled patriarchy is difficult for western societies to understand and to trust.

Western involvement in Iran has been distasteful since the CIA overthrow in 1953. I agree with Mike, we shouldn't dictate to people what they don't want.

Don't want feminism? That shouldn't be ours to foist upon someone. Want religion to govern your life? So be it.

The language of Islam is hard for a Western mindset to understand.
Well, its hard for us to understand your system too. The fact that your country is basically breathing money and would do anything and everything to secure the power not for the sake of ordinary people but for a few powerful and yet dictates how to have a “democracy” around the world, is mind blowing.

I am not saying that we are perfect example of modern religious democracy or anything close to that but we are the people who wanted to have democracy like many other nations but you did dirty to us, multiple times, and you can’t expect us to trust you or your democracy.

Look at how in bed you are with the regional dictators. Do you think their people are too stupid to want to have a democracy? What would you do if for example there is a revolution in Saudi Arabia today? Would you help them? Or would you do whatever you can to tear them down like what you have been doing to us?

Living in peace requires respecting each other and respecting each other requires understanding each other, with isolating us you are never going to understand us and there will be no peace because of that.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 01-11-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #25
Mindfulcoug

You sound like Trump, using capitals and all. Not going to scare me off or convince me either.

No, you are not in Iran. We kicked you out, remember? But you have your big mouth wide open to swallow us off the map. Should I post a photo of hangry (hungry+ angry) Americans around us or its too obvious??
Old 01-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #26
Mindfulcoug

Out of curiosity, are you orange too?
Old 01-11-2020, 12:07 PM   #27
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I have a question. Do Iranians really have freedom and fair elections as we understand it in the west?
I don’t know much about your election system but I know enough to say that you still can’t figure out how it works. You chose trump over Clinton! it still seems like a joke.

We, on the other hand, have a system to eliminate whoever has slightly different set of thinking and policies at the first place to make sure none of them get elected. lol

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 01-11-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #28
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulcoug View Post
I don’t know much about your election system but I know enough to say that you still can’t figure out how it works. You chose trump over Clinton! it still seems like a joke.

We, on the other hand, have a system to eliminate whoever has slightly different set of thinking and policies at the first place to make sure none of them get elected. lol

People may live under whatever system they wish. I would not wish to live under a system where religion has a significant influence on government.

If one looks at the three Abrahamic religions, you'll see the religions are largely responsible for many of the world's wars.

Totalitarian regimes tend only to benefit those at the top with no hope for those at the bottom but there are plenty of places where life could be enjoyable---- if you leave politics out of it.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think it must be embarrassing for the average person in Iran to see Trump tweet out a request that Iran not shoots it's own citizen protesters.

Only to see protesters shot by their own government.

I don't think the average Iranian likes their government. What a destructive path that regime has led their people into. It's sad for them.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #30
Mindfulcoug

Its unfathomable for an average person in Iran to understand the level of embarrassment you are feeling for having Trump as an American let alone the president of the united state of America.