cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Snipe is fairly far right. Snipe knows of the blogs supporting his position and critical of the opposite position, but he doesn't really engage in critical analysis. He will cite a blog or a cite cited by one of his blogs and then run.

oxcoug is more diverse, and not even close to snipe in rigidity.
oxcoug will never give up. He and I had a 25 boardmail discussion about foreign affairs. Every time I thought I was out he kept dragging me back in.

Snipe is just Mr. SOundbite. Furthermore, I don't know how fair it is to say that he is super right wing, he seems to be super Republican to me.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #12
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
Wow. Oxcoug sounds more like someone from the far left. I mean they will water board you until you admit that marijuana should be legal, the trade embargo on Cuba should be lifted, and Che was a saint.
You made a slight mistake....the left will bong board you until you agree to all of the above. What's wrong with a little "migraine medicine?" That can't be torture can it?
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Snipe is fairly far right. Snipe knows of the blogs supporting his position and critical of the opposite position, but he doesn't really engage in critical analysis. He will cite a blog or a cite cited by one of his blogs and then run.

oxcoug is more diverse, and not even close to snipe in rigidity.
Agree. Snipe cites tons of stuff but rarely engages in any kind of analytical discussion of the different points. He's very black and white and only seems to want to be a purveyor of one-sided opinion. That's the main issue I have with many of his posts.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #14
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
oxcoug will never give up. He and I had a 25 boardmail discussion about foreign affairs. Every time I thought I was out he kept dragging me back in.

Snipe is just Mr. SOundbite. Furthermore, I don't know how fair it is to say that he is super right wing, he seems to be super Republican to me.
Also true. Snipe seems to be more GOP loyal than he is right wing. He does have some libertarian leanings sometimes but not enough for him to admit the current administration is ever wrong.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #15
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
Wow. Oxcoug sounds more like someone from the far left. I mean they will water board you until you admit that marijuana should be legal, the trade embargo on Cuba should be lifted, and Che was a saint.
The trade embargo on Cuba should be lifted. There isn't a good argument against lifting it outside of GOP campaign $$$ from S. Florida Cuban Americans. I bet privately the majority of the GOP would vote to lift it but are afraid of offending that small lobby group.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #16
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
The trade embargo on Cuba should be lifted. There isn't a good argument against lifting it outside of GOP campaign $$$ from S. Florida Cuban Americans. I bet privately the majority of the GOP would vote to lift it but are afraid of offending that small lobby group.
I was happy when Bush sidestepped from his tough on Cuba stance and allowed her to participate in the World Baseball Classic. Now if the embargo is lifted, maybe El Duque and other MLBers can represent Cuba.

Bush also signed a bill to classify minor leaguers as professionals on their visas. He's been the most pro-baseball president ever.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #17
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
I was happy when Bush sidestepped from his tough on Cuba stance and allowed her to participate in the World Baseball Classic. Now if the embargo is lifted, maybe El Duque and other MLBers can represent Cuba.

Bush also signed a bill to classify minor leaguers as professionals on their visas. He's been the most pro-baseball president ever.
Bush was a much better baseball owner than president. As a Texas Rangers fan and Libertarian I wish he still had his former job. I'd like to fire Tom Hicks. Texas' three division championships I think can be attributed to Bush's ownership since that's when the bulk of those teams was built.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #18
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Is it even possible to be farther right then Snipe is?
Ask Texy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
is. He must read a heck of a lot or have googling down to an art form. Any good information supporting my conservative leanings I know Snipe will provide me on CB.

I don't think he is far right. He has been reasonable with me when we have disagreed. Far right people aren't like that (reasonable).
He was reasonable with you? That's a first, maybe even historic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Also true. Snipe seems to be more GOP loyal than he is right wing. He does have some libertarian leanings sometimes but not enough for him to admit the current administration is ever wrong.
I agree partisan motivations drive his posts. But he like the media personalities and bloggers he mimics, he is at the far right end of the political spectrum
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I like oxcoug. I think he would like it here.
I have a vague memory of him posting here for about a week. Maybe a year or so ago?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
Ask Texy
I once took a "political compass" test that Tim posted. Results:

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46

Thus, I think it is yet possible to be more right-wing than I am. But even moderate little me terrifies the natives.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Last edited by Tex; 06-25-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote