cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is smarter?
Tex 11 29.73%
MikeWater's German Shepherd 26 70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who is smarter?

I am trying to decide who is smarter, Tex, or my German Shepherd.

Tex posts rah-rah GOP messages on cougarboard. Little is known about his personal details, such as what job he has, whether he progressed beyond junior high, and whether he has ever had a date.

My German Shepherd, on the other hand, can sit and lie down on command. She will also come, and will retrieve. She can empty the trash that has a lever at the bottom to open the lid. She steals food, but never eats it where she stole it. She takes it to the backyard to eat, hoping that we won't notice my entire freeze-dried camping food is missing. She also has the amazing ability to put my friends jack russel's entire head in her mouth when he is acting up, without hurting him, but calming him down at the same time.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

It looks like Tex has already voted.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
It looks like Tex has already voted.
I voted for Tex, unpopular as that may be. I guess I'm just a rebel.

In reality, I was with Mike's dog until he said she willingly ate freeze-dried camping food. That just doesn't seem all that smart to me.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

In all seriousness, when is the last time Tex provided his own political analysis that meant anything.

All of us know pundits that we don't agree with, but read because they may spark some interest.

But Tex is not among those. Tex = jfw. I don't know if I can insult Tex any worse than that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
In all seriousness, when is the last time Tex provided his own political analysis that meant anything.

All of us know pundits that we don't agree with, but read because they may spark some interest.

But Tex is not among those. Tex = jfw. I don't know if I can insult Tex any worse than that.
I rarely, very rarely, read tex.

I love German Shepards, though. I had one as boy. I named him Schutlz.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

It has been a while since I spent much time on cb, so my initial opinions about him have been mostly based on the negative comments of others over here. As far as this board goes, I think he has been fine. May have been some threads I missed though.

There are intelligent people who tow the GOP line you know. I'm not one, but is it possible.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Wow, my very own Tex-bashing thread! Awesome, thanks!
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
It has been a while since I spent much time on cb, so my initial opinions about him have been mostly based on the negative comments of others over here. As far as this board goes, I think he has been fine. May have been some threads I missed though.

There are intelligent people who tow the GOP line you know. I'm not one, but is it possible.
There are few noisy dogs that yap at my heels, but really I'm a very likeable guy. Nice to meet you too, Dan. Maybe we will meet on the political battlefield.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Wow, my very own Tex-bashing thread! Awesome, thanks!
You da man, Tex!

Mike didn't mention the smartest thing his dog does: require Mike to pick up her poop.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Partisan politics bickering is one of the most boring things I've ever encountered.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote