cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
No way. That title goes to my amigo, SeattleUte.
sorry, JL. Not even close.

Where is Seattle this evening?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post

Inspired by Obama's speech, SU's personal servants all revolted and burned his house to the ground. SU is frantically running all over his gated community, picking up bearer bonds as they blow all over the street.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Inspired by Obama's speech, SU's personal servants all revolted and burned his house to the ground. SU is frantically running all over his gated community, picking up bearer bonds as they blow all over the street.
This was worth the small tax increase I shall no doubt suffer. Release the hounds!
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I am guessing he is drowning his sorrows.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

So you girls just keep me around, because as a Mormon man, I'm inherently sexy? All this time I thought it was my wit and charm. I'm crushed.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
And so there is no unity. If you work hard, earn a few pennies, people begrudge you the coin and wish to destroy you.

You can only have compassion for those poster children of compassion, ethnic persons or persons who are unfortunate or lazy. Government oppression is good, but economic oppression is bad.

See, you just proved my point, Gidge, even you don't believe in unity. I win.
So you are saying that those who make 30,000 a year dont work hard? I am guessing some of them work a hell of a lot harder than you and your 20,000 CG posts do.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #7
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
So you are saying that those who make 30,000 a year dont work hard? I am guessing some of them work a hell of a lot harder than you and your 20,000 CG posts do.
How can you imply that? There are some who earn ten thousand dollars who work hard.

But certain stresses are different. At least from what i've seen which is a little not a lot.

It is hard to come home to struggle to pay bills. And often the work is thankless, and not enjoyable, but for the most of the time, those jobs don't require you to bring the work home. Take the entrepreneur, who sometimes is on the verge of losing everything, wondering if she'll be on the street because payments didn't come, and if her employees will be on the street. It's a different kind of stress.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
How can you imply that? There are some who earn ten thousand dollars who work hard.

But certain stresses are different. At least from what i've seen which is a little not a lot.

It is hard to come home to struggle to pay bills. And often the work is thankless, and not enjoyable, but for the most of the time, those jobs don't require you to bring the work home. Take the entrepreneur, who sometimes is on the verge of losing everything, wondering if she'll be on the street because payments didn't come, and if her employees will be on the street. It's a different kind of stress.
You are telling me that those who make 30,000 a year dont bring their work home? That entrepreneurs have more stress than others?

I think I have seen it all. Tell my mom who lost her job today because she has spent to much time in the hospital with my dad the last few months that she doesnt work hard and doesnt have to bring stress home with her.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #9
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You are telling me that those who make 30,000 a year dont bring their work home? That entrepreneurs have more stress than others?

I think I have seen it all. Tell my mom who lost her job today because she has spent to much time in the hospital with my dad the last few months that she doesnt work hard and doesnt have to bring stress home with her.
Read again. People who have jobs work hard, most of the time. It matters not what you earn.

And certainly those with health ailments have additional stresses. Entrepreneurs have an unappreciated stress. The risk of having it all and then losing it all. Imagine being a spouse who one moment appears on top of the world and then the next at the bottom, the roller coaster world is stressful in a different way.

Some jobs follow you home, that is the stress to which I refer. My post is not to imply people don't have stresses regardless of position. Because they do. Sorry to hear about your mother.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:37 AM   #10
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Shut up, will you?

Didn't you used to own a Porsche Turbo? You make more money annually than most folks in this country would ever dream of making, so stfu and stop being an a-hole.

Says the SoCal Boy from the National Law Firm. Rich indeed. Never the turbo.

Earning, is not the same as having and saving. Passive income is rich, anything else is just show.