cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

I think the grape incident is similar. Imagine you are nine years old. You have a grape. You see a girl running. Who wouldn't throw it? It was in his DNA to throw that grape - he just HAD too. Obviously, throwing junk at people can be dangerous so you might want to say something along the lines of "Son, that was a heck of a nice throw - I probably would have thrown it too. Just remember that there are consequences to our actions so be sure to use good judgment and don't do something unless you are prepared to accept the consequences."
That is sage advice. Turth be told, I did somethign like this. Becasue he had already gotten in trouble at school (he was very annoyed becasue he had to miss recess) I decided to wait a while before bringing it up. I asked him for a little more info the next day, which he gave me, and it was in fact just a spur of the moment thing, so I told him something like what you said. I tried to explain to my wife how sometimes when the boys do something really stupid and you want to ask "what were you thinking" there is no point in asking, becasue they wern't thinking anything, they just did it, and they could never answer the question.