cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default When you thought it couldn't get worse.....

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,5143,695272746,00.html

The state of Texas wants to monitor their prayers? And they want the LDS members to do so?

Question: they took away their cell phones because the FLDS were sending text pictures of their living conditions. But the reasoning was the government was afraid of inappropriate communication? Guys like UtahDan believe that story line.

Interestingly enough, right after that, they moved the group into better, more spacious living conditions. Duh!

I think UtahDan and the like will be eating crow at the end of this ordeal, not those who value civil liberties and the constitution.

Based on this reasoning, shouldn't we be monitoring prayers that occur in Mosques in the US to make sure they aren't planning any terrorist attacks. Give me the phone number of Homeland Security so I can call in anonymously and claim they are planning another attack on the US and I am fearful of what I heard in the Mosque.

Last edited by exUte; 04-23-2008 at 02:17 PM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

The fundamental problem here is that they aren't gay and black.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
[url]

Based on this reasoning, shouldn't we be monitoring prayers that occur in Mosques in the US to make sure they aren't planning any terrorist attacks. Give me the phone number of Homeland Security so I can call in anonymously and claim they are planning another attack on the US and I am fearful of what I heard in the Mosque.
Who says we're not?
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
exUte

Default They are not.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
Who says we're not?
it would be too risky if the liberals found out.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Old news. This was discussed in another thread.

They want to be able to do two things:

1. Ensure no abuse occurs during the "prayer time", and
2. Ensure no coaching occurs that may disrupt their ability to sort the guilty from the innocent.

Both seem reasonable to me. The judge, in fact, was looking for a compromise to allow the FLDS their right to prayer while still ensuring neither of the enumerated issues occurs.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
exUte

Default Don't they have #2 ass backwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Old news. This was discussed in another thread.

They want to be able to do two things:

1. Ensure no abuse occurs during the "prayer time", and
2. Ensure no coaching occurs that may disrupt their ability to sort the guilty from the innocent.

Both seem reasonable to me. The judge, in fact, was looking for a compromise to allow the FLDS their right to prayer while still ensuring neither of the enumerated issues occurs.
What evidence did they have that the all the mothers/fathers were guilty of anything?

"Let's round them up and see what evidence we can find that justifies what we did".
Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
What evidence did they have that the all the mothers/fathers were guilty of anything?

"Let's round them up and see what evidence we can find that justifies what we did".
Again, you're assuming they have no evidence. And, in truth, the fact that they've identified several evidences in general, and you are ignoring those evidences, indicates your current state of 'dumb-ass-titudinous.'

EDIT: In fairness, I wasn't very effective in my wording, and implied an impropriety that is obviously easy to hang your argument on, but which doesn't necessarily exist.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"

Last edited by Spaz; 04-23-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Spaz

Incidentally, in case you haven't figured this out yet, in a forum set up like this one, it's less effective to put part of your post in the title line.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
exUte

Default They have evidence related to all 400+

Quote:
Again, you're assuming they have no evidence. And, in truth, the fact that they've identified several evidences in general, and you are ignoring those evidences, indicates your current state of 'dumb-ass-titudinous.'

EDIT: In fairness, I wasn't very effective in my wording, and implied an impropriety that is obviously easy to hang your argument on, but which doesn't necessarily exist.
children and their parents? I must have missed that. I've always maintained that they should go after any perpetrators they have evidence on. You say go after them all.

Based on your philosophy, would you have been part of the Missourians driving out the Mormons? After all they may have had 'several evidences in general'.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
exUte

Default It's real effective. Can you imagine

Quote:
Incidentally, in case you haven't figured this out yet, in a forum set up like this one, it's less effective to put part of your post in the title line.
if all titles simply read "FLDS"?

You mean like this: http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18736