cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
dallas dan

dallas dan is on a distinguished road
Default So I got mocked for my testimony/blessing this weekend!

This weekend we blessed our baby in church. I am not one for the standard Mormon speak in blessings. So in my blessing to my Son, I blessed him to have the desire to learn to read, study math, science, and literature. All my friends were there, and totally mocked me after the fact. We had a good laugh about it, but I still stick to my guns that I would rather bless him to receive practical things than some of the other things I hear people say. I feel like a lot of times people give blessing for the audience rather than the individual. I was going to bless him to hit a 95 mph fastball, and pick up hot chicks, but I thought that might take it a little far.

Then I actually shared my testimony. (which I never do) I stated the following, among other things: "The bureaucracy of the Church kind of wears me out.... but I am very thankful for the Gospel, and the truth it brings into my life." Oh man, my friends had a field day with that. They couldn't believe I would say that in Sacrament. They though it was hilarious. Thinking back, I guess it was a little to honest, but the Church itself does wear me down. I still love the teachings, but the whole organization kills me sometimes.

When I share things, I have to tell the truth. Sometimes I say to much though. I guess that was one of those times.
dallas dan is offline   Reply With Quote