cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road
Default Ward Politics and Stereotypes

I have moved five times in the past three years (no, not witness protection) and find it amusing to observe the similarities in ward social structures. I have finally learned to patiently watch the various factions:

Orthodox Wing: Congregates in the front rows of Mormon Doctrine Class. Monopolizes the discussion, goal is to reduce the instructor to tears. Usually succeeds. Memorized Mormon Doctrine and the collected works of Boyd K. Packer. Unable to accept change. Walks the halls with an air of superiority. Too good to accept callings - they have "retired".

Bishop in Waiting: Wears the dandruff laden dark suit to high council meetings. Polishes the Stake President's shoes and buttocks. Reads a boring talk once monthly. Has no clue and thankfully the call never comes.

Liberal Wing: Only attend if the block ends at 12:00 pm. Believes in evolution, Starbucks in moderation and Sunday afternoon tee times. Usually in the majority.

Any others I am missing?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I have moved five times in the past three years (no, not witness protection) and find it amusing to observe the similarities in ward social structures. I have finally learned to patiently watch the various factions:

Orthodox Wing: Congregates in the front rows of Mormon Doctrine Class. Monopolizes the discussion, goal is to reduce the instructor to tears. Usually succeeds. Memorized Mormon Doctrine and the collected works of Boyd K. Packer. Unable to accept change. Walks the halls with an air of superiority. Too good to accept callings - they have "retired".
Indy

Quote:
Bishop in Waiting: Wears the dandruff laden dark suit to high council meetings. Polishes the Stake President's shoes and buttocks. Reads a boring talk once monthly. Has no clue and thankfully the call never comes.

Jefe; Tex

Quote:
Liberal Wing: Only attend if the block ends at 12:00 pm. Believes in evolution, Starbucks in moderation and Sunday afternoon tee times. Usually in the majority.

Waters, Lebowski, Archea, SIEQ

Quote:
Any others I am missing?

—Paul Auster

Last edited by MikeWaters; 05-04-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Indy

Jefe; Tex

Waters, Lebowski, Archea, SIEQ
That was funny. Especially imagining Tex in a dandruffy suit.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote