cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Just to clarify some things.

The "YOhio is gay" stuff is offensive to me.

For the record, I'm attracted to women. In fact, I've been married to one for almost two years now. I am not attracted to men in the least.

I know in the past I have played along with the jabs about my sexuality, but that was just to see if doing so would get rid of it. Didn't work.

Ignoring it doesn't diminish it. Playing along doesn't make it come up less.

I've been much more civil here recently and I still get that crap.

Which leads me to believe that the only reason people play the "YOhio is a fag" card is that they are being assholes for the sake of being assholes.

So from now on anyone who goes there has no excuse. You know it offends me. If you choose to label me as a homosexual, you're being a jerk for no reason.

Thanks.

*waits for 23 responses of "YOhio's a fag," combined with a few vaseline references.

Wait, you're married to a WOMAN?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:07 AM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I come here to spread my gospel. This is more effective and easier than knocking on doors. I'm indifferent to CB and never check it.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:09 AM   #13
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I come here to spread my gospel. This is more effective and easier than knocking on doors. I'm indifferent to CB and never check it.
No one gives a shit about your gospel when you don't know the difference between a cob and chop-chop.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:25 AM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I'm always curious what brought people to cougarguard, if not cougarboard. It's basically a referral only option, as I've tried googling "BYU sports board" or "BYU message board" and in the past it hasn't shown up on the top page or two. Flirting with a ward clerk is unprecedented, to the best of my knowledge, except of course for YOhio, but that was an Assistant ward clerk over finances, and thus doesn't count.
I agree with what Archaea said. CG is not in competition with CB. CG does not have the same goals or 5-year plan as CB. CG trembles with fear that certain CBers might be banned and come here.

I think the reason CG is not returned higher (at all?) with google search, is that there are very few sites on the web that link here. We are sort of a small island far from the vast continent that is the internet.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:32 AM   #15
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
. We are sort of a small island far from the vast continent that is the internet.
so its the Island ,Rogan was talking about ..
Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 AM   #16
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
More and more, however, it sounds like CG is essentially a little sister to CB. Is the real raison d'etre of CG to serve as a CB auxiliary?
Excellent. Post of the month.

And YOhio, 10 creepy points for your post.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #17
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I must admit I found this board quite by accident after a conversation with a ward clerk. I am not an apostate from CougarBoard so not a part of that particular refugee camp. Yet I have found this site to contain a generally high quality of repartee and a good mix of opinions. Personal attacks are minimal and nothing that can't be handled.

More and more, however, it sounds like CG is essentially a little sister to CB. Is the real raison d'etre of CG to serve as a CB auxiliary? Was CG founded to be exclusively a haven for disenchanted CB'ers? Most importantly, is a single woman with a "Yewt" undergrad, a passing interest in football and a liberal religious bent simply out of place here? Be honest, I don't want to be a parody or continue to waste my time and yours. Perhaps a simple mission statement would suffice.
I don't know about the purpose or history. I can only speak for myself. I am too old to be in an environment where everyone including myself has a daddy or mommy looking over their shoulder to make sure they are not embarassing the family.

Why do I enjoy and get in on the CB discussions. Well as a kid I was an athlete. We used to make fun of the kids who wore their high achievement seminary pins around. I guess I just haven't ever grown up.

By the way Tex and Lingo and BDB, I liked those kids, but I still teased them a lot.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #18
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

My opinion might not count for much, but I see the board as a niche serving an area CB won't. I'd like it to be more complete and function the same way CB does, as a full service board--at least in the way of sports. The religion category probably is about as good as it could get and might blow up if there were 10x more posters. But the BYU FB and BB area needs a lot more effort. I also see the name cougarguard as self-defining as a niche thing. If CG were to become larger, then renaming might be a good idea.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #19
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
so its the Island ,Rogan was talking about ..
mindful is bringing it hard with this and with her crack last week in chit chat.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
My opinion might not count for much, but I see the board as a niche serving an area CB won't. I'd like it to be more complete and function the same way CB does, as a full service board--at least in the way of sports. The religion category probably is about as good as it could get and might blow up if there were 10x more posters. But the BYU FB and BB area needs a lot more effort. I also see the name cougarguard as self-defining as a niche thing. If CG were to become larger, then renaming might be a good idea.
I think we will always want idiots to feel unwelcome here.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote