cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial plans for the near future...

We are solvent for this year, due to the generous contributions of many. I should point out that tooblue made an especially large contribution in association with another poster (bluegoose?). Thanks.

I was thinking that with further money generated over the next few months, we could potentially donate it to a charity or a good cause. For example, money generated by amazon.com purchases.

I'll throw out one possibility. A college fund for a fallen BYU grad, died in Iraq. I was very briefly in the ROTC while at BYU, and peripherally knew this man, Bill Jacobsen. He was either in the same year, or the year ahead of me. He was hard core, and a good guy. He died when the suicide bomber entered the mess hall in Mosul. He had 4 kids with his wife.

There's an article about this passing, here, as well as the address for the college fund (which I would want to double check, because the article is at least a year old).

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/arti...50107iraq.html

What do you guys think?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

well, for what it's worth, amazon.com proceeds for the next several months will be donated to this family.

remember, it doesn't cost you anything to buy through the amazon link. Amazon takes a small percentage (usually about 4-5%) and gives it to the referrer (cougarguard). At the current rate, it won't be much money, unless people choose to go through the link more often (might be $3/month currently).

If you tell me exactly what you intend to buy, and I put a link of that up on the page, that increases the percentage.

Here is the link to the amazon page:
http://cougarguard.com/books.htm
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's a great idea. Anything to help out a fallen soldier's family is always good.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote