cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default CSTV and BYU

I am getting very nervous that the CSTV contract is going to result in me being able to watch fewer games. At least with ESPN Gameplan I always knew I could catch every BYU game. I know you can stream every game over the internet with CSTV, but who wants to watch the game through a choppy internet stream on a small monitor?

I sure hope BYU gets to my television!
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

For me it's not that bad. My stupid cable provider doesn't carry gameplan or a number of other league passes so I have had to stream BYU games on ESPN the last two seasons. As long as the stream is comparable to that of ESPN's it should be fine.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
Iceman

Iceman
Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default Can you not get CSTV

I don't know much about it, but isn't it available through most cable providers? I know it is through Directv and maybe cheaper than paying for Gameplan. I haven't looked into it yet. I am looking forward to crappy broadcasting though - :cry:
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't imagine it is possible to have the same great coverage we had with gameplan unless gameplan is allowed to pick up the weeks that aren't covered on CSTV. I doubt CSTV will feature BYU each week. Even if they show half of BYU's games, that leaves us hoping that Gameplan picks up the other half. That seems unlikely. I'm thinking we will not be able to see all the games anymore.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Anyone else remember the maiden voyage of CSTV a couple of years ago? I believe it was the BYU-Stanford game in which we were absolutely embarassed on the way to a disappointing season.

That broadcast was a disaster, complete with cameo sideline appearances from no-name student reporters doing spotlight segments or player interviews.

It has improved dramatically since that time, but when that first aired, along with the announcment of the new CSTV-MWC contract, I shed a tear, and not of joy.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
Iceman

Iceman
Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default Student Broadcaster

That was classic. What were they thinking? Who thought that was a good idea? Amazing...

I don't really care how I get the games, as long as they are on TV somewhere. I just hope this whole deal doesn't make me have to pay more money to see them.

Man I wish I was rich and could fly to all the games....perhaps someday.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
Surfah
Master

That broadcast was pathetic. Didn't it feature our beloved MWC Commisioner too in one of the most classic not intentionally funny spots ever? I sure hope the broadcasts get better.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Anyone else remember the maiden voyage of CSTV a couple of years ago? I believe it was the BYU-Stanford game in which we were absolutely embarassed on the way to a disappointing season.

That broadcast was a disaster, complete with cameo sideline appearances from no-name student reporters doing spotlight segments or player interviews.

It has improved dramatically since that time, but when that first aired, along with the announcment of the new CSTV-MWC contract, I shed a tear, and not of joy.
That had to be the worst broadcast in the history of sports broadcasting. I seriously cannot imagine a worse performance. It felt like I was watching the broadcast of a high school game on a local cable community access channel.

Sadly, one of the more comical moments was the interview with Pres. Samuelson. Let's just say that it wasn't one of his more inspiring interviews.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:22 AM   #9
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose

That had to be the worst broadcast in the history of sports broadcasting. I seriously cannot imagine a worse performance. It felt like I was watching the broadcast of a high school game on a local cable community access channel.

Sadly, one of the more comical moments was the interview with Pres. Samuelson. Let's just say that it wasn't one of his more inspiring interviews.
That's who I meant. That interview was so awkward how he just kept staring straight ahead at the camera. Weird. The only thing worse than that broadcast was the game. That whole thing was weird. If I remember correctly nobody was in attendance because Stanford hadn't even started school yet. Every one of our QBs played that game and that game spawned the rumors about Berry refusing to go back in or whatever. I just remember that ridiculously tall WR/TE that killed us. And didn't the Stanford band make fun of Ken Jennings and polygamy that created national buzz and even made Jim Rome sound off?

Old 04-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #10
cajuncoug

cajuncoug
Default Internet, Big Screen, Just Show the Games!!

Of course I'd prefer to be able to watch the games on TV--that's literally the main reason I purchased my last television and the only reason I bought a Dish.

But as long as I don't have to miss games, I'll be reasonably content. Once in a while, Gameplan wouldn't pick up a game. Fullcourt was awful this year--to the point that I didn't pick it up.

I just want to be able to watch the games. I'll pay for it. The demand & technology are there. I wish someone would simply figure out a way to offer the service on a continual basis.

I'm able to watch the freakin' Idaho High School Basketball State Tournament live, for free, via the internet. It seems that someone could concoct a way for paying customers to watch their football team play 12 times/year on Saturdays.
cajuncoug is offline   Reply With Quote