cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dayton v. Ohio State

It's on pelagius. This Wednesday night The University of Dayton will stop by Columbus along the trail to NIT glory. It's going to be great to see the feisty Flyers take down the Ohio State and all her flagship school arrogance.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
It's on pelagius. This Wednesday night The University of Dayton will stop by Columbus along the trail to NIT glory. It's going to be great to see the feisty Flyers take down the Ohio State and all her flagship school arrogance.
I'm headed over to the Dayton board to accuse them of something. Maybe I will make fun of their egalitarian view of flight.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
I'm headed over to the Dayton board to accuse them of something. Maybe I will make fun of their egalitarian view of flight.
Go ahead and make fun. While you're trying to break us down, we'll be practicing Marianist teachings by working with the poor to educate and nourish their minds, bodies and the souls.

On the bright side, you can further steep yourself in the culture of rioting prevelant at the Ohio State. As Karen Holbrook said, "When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot."
Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
pelagius

Quote:
On the bright side, you can further steep yourself in the culture of rioting prevelant at the Ohio State. As Karen Holbrook said, "When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot."
I thought this was a feature not a drawback. Certainly there should have been rioting after only making it to the NIT one year removed from the Championship game.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
I thought this was a feature not a drawback. Certainly there should have been rioting after only making it to the NIT one year removed from the Championship game.
That is surprising, although most of my Buckeye friends seem to be more interested in their local high school team than OSU hoops. They realized that last year was an exception caused by having a phenom intern with the team for a season.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
pelagius

Quote:
That is surprising, although most of my Buckeye friends seem to be more interested in their local high school team than OSU hoops. They realized that last year was an exception caused by having a phenom intern with the team for a season.
That's very true. This is really not a Basketball town. Even last year with the impressive "interns" people weren't that excited. Basketball is clearly the red-headed step child around here.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
pelagius

No rioting despite the historic win. So to all the Flyer fans with regard to the most important of all games played in the month of March let me remind you of the words of the greatest person ever to walk this planet:

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you. "
Old 03-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
No rioting despite the historic win. So to all the Flyer fans with regard to the most important of all games played in the month of March let me remind you of the words of the greatest person ever to walk this planet:

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you. "
Lavell Edwards didn't say that.

That was an ugly game. Very uncharacteristic of Flyer basketball.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
pelagius

Quote:
Lavell Edwards didn't say that.

That was an ugly game. Very uncharacteristic of Flyer basketball.
Good call. It is wise not to congratulate buckeye nation for such a historic win. Because as our Moses once said:

"If anybody congratulates you, you kick them in the shin, unless it's an old lady over 80. "
Old 03-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #10
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Good call. It is wise not to congratulate buckeye nation for such a historic win. Because as our Moses once said:

"If anybody congratulates you, you kick them in the shin, unless it's an old lady over 80. "
Pelagius, you okay? Your buckeye beads may be fitting a little too tight. How it pains me to see you quoting Miami Valley native Wayne Woodrow Hayes. While he may be your Moses, his memory is treated like Jesus. I saw a 9-yr old Woody Hayes last Halloween.

While Buckeye's pride themselves on merely being Buckeyes, I'll never find it in me to recognize any OSU achievement in hoops. The only thing OSU hoops is good at is making the state of Ohio pay millions of dollars to Jim O'Brien, losing to Florida, injuring Greg Oden, and barely beating Dayton.