cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road
Default Palin's new book

Over the weekend, I read two different reports that said the AP had put eleven--yes, eleven--reporters to fact check Palin's new book.

The jokes really write themselves. I'm not a big Palin fan, and I don't think a book retreading the disaster of the McCain campaign is really helpful right now, but come on. Eleven reporters?

What is it about Sarah Palin that makes the Left so crazy irrational? Somewhere in cyberspace, Barbara Gordon is having multiple hernias.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish they put 30 on that book.

It's not like Palin wrote any of it.

There will no doubt be a high return on investment. Sort of like Carrie Prejean. Palin is a walking joke and disaster.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

There will no doubt be a high return on investment. Sort of like Carrie Prejean. Palin is a walking joke and disaster.
Will anybody but those eleven reporters read it?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Well, celebrities (esp. politicians) shadow-authoring books is nothing new, so that doesn't bother me so much. Just last night I was reading about basketball player Clyde Drexler co-authoring his autobiography and it made me laugh out loud. How do you "co-" author an autobiograhy?

It appears to me, however, that you favor disproportionate media scrutiny on people you don't like. Curious. Seems like to me the press should spend their manpower on real news reporting rather than ideological vendettas, but that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Will anybody but those eleven reporters read it?
You're kidding, right? Like it or not, Palin may be the most popular once-and-future politicians among conservatives right now. I expect book sales will be brisk.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Well, celebrities (esp. politicians) shadow-authoring books is nothing new, so that doesn't bother me so much. Just last night I was reading about basketball player Clyde Drexler co-authoring his autobiography and it made me laugh out loud. How do you "co-" author an autobiograhy?

You're kidding, right? Like it or not, Palin may be the most popular once-and-future politicians among conservatives right now. I expect book sales will be brisk.
You're the one joking with me if you want me to consider her a conservative.

Her history is not one of a fiscal conservative, her knowledge of geography is appalling and I doubt we'd want her negotiating much of anything. Keep her up in Alaska where she belongs, frozen and out of sight.

I really thought conservatives would wisen up and give up a dead fish before it begins to stink too much. Are we Republicans going to repeat the errors of the Dems in the 80s 2000s where the Dems could have won but for their stupid candidates?

Pallin guarantees Democratic success.