cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DJRoss, this one is for you

http://www.slate.com/id/2180254/

I think the article is a little bit mean spirited, but I think it is a somewhat accurate rebuttal to your desire to spoon with the Romney family vacation videos.

I just don't see the appeal that you see.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Bruce Reed's an old Clinton hack. He's been mocking the Romney's for the past year.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the role you play on here is a guy who dislikes Romney. Is that because you truly think the other republicans are better candidates than Mitt or the only republican candidate you could rip on and get a rise out of folks on here is Mitt.

If we republicans in here liked McCain, is that who you would go after?
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I know the role you play on here is a guy who dislikes Romney. Is that because you truly think the other republicans are better candidates than Mitt or the only republican candidate you could rip on and get a rise out of folks on here is Mitt.

If we republicans in here liked McCain, is that who you would go after?
Mike's just bitter and jealous. Cut him some slack -he's from Texas and everything is bigger in Texas including their complexes!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm still trying to figure out who those videos appeal to. The huge vacation home. The gratuitious tractor. All the grandkids plotting their next snowboarding outting.

"I'm your average everyday CEO of a capital investment buyout company."

Huh?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm still trying to figure out who those videos appeal to. The huge vacation home. The gratuitious tractor. All the grandkids plotting their next snowboarding outting.

Huh?
I think they're created to drum up enthusiasm amongst his existing supporters. It's like when a CB poster mentions that he saw Bronco jogging and there's a string of threads talking about how great it is that Bronco stays in shape.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Huh?

I can tell you they are not intended to appeal to the liberal, capitalism screws me, please redistribute wealth crowd.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Heh. This is what you call a "little" mean-spirited?

In other news: Faith of My Fathers was not intended as a campaign video, or to have any other political motive than to simply portray an American war hero.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Romney has been miscalculating throughout the entire campaign.

Now maybe, he will get the nomination. I don't know.

Everything from portraying himself as the honest friend of the evangelical, to trying to position himself as the "rebel".

That they could be sitting in their offices, thinking "this video will really help connect Mitt to the common man" shows the strength of their delusion.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
http://www.slate.com/id/2180254/

I think the article is a little bit mean spirited, but I think it is a somewhat accurate rebuttal to your desire to spoon with the Romney family vacation videos.

I just don't see the appeal that you see.

What is interesting is that the articles author does not identify their political bias, voting record etc in order to clearly see the truth behind why they even wasted their time writing about this. Honestly Mike you at least know that I am a GOP voter and a Romney supporter. You have full disclosure regarding my view in this matter, so anything pro Romney from me is expected. Now if tomorrow I show something Anti-Romney than the disparity of view would be a stronger statement.

I can only assume that this guy does not like Romney and is either a so called Independent or a Liberal. The language he uses is unrestrained in mocking Romney's lifestyle. Hard to believe that someone could have a good life that has all the Leave it to Beaver qualities that we as a society have become so jaded as to disregard as false and manipulative.

Everything has to be calculated in the sense of portraying untruths as truths to entice voters to like candidate x. Why does Bruce Reed feel this way? Probably 3 things. 1. He has seen manipulation in the past buy politicians. 2. He has been inundated with television and film that glorify this type of behavior and most importantly 3. He would do that if he were in Romney's position and therefore Romney must be the same way.

Mike do you think that Romney is not genuine in this regard because you have actual facts and not supposition, spin doctored media and the words of left leaning journalists, or do you also feel that Romney is as crooked as you would be if in the same position. How jaded are you Mike? Honestly, how jaded are you as a human being?

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote