cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road
Default Quick question on Prop 8

I haven't been on the board in a few days so I don't know if this has already been discussed, and I'm leaving out the door for a race, so I don't have time to find out.

I've gotten two emails in the last few days with a video of this guy talking about what happened in Massachusetts after their Supreme Court decision. They showed a few of the books that have been read in their kindergarten class, one of which shows a couple of men/male figures kissing. Doesn't this seem a little aggressive? I don't mind having the conversation with my child explaining things he may come across in life and discussing how we all have different values and that people may choose differently than ours. But I'm not really dying to have it rammed down his throat.

So my question is for you lawyers...I'm telling my wife that this is more a function of the local school board deciding they want to include this in the curriculum than it is a function of the SC decision, i.e. this book would have been included regardless of any decision made by the SC. She disagrees. So to you attorneys or educators: How does the SC decision affect school curriculum?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote