cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Screen-touchers

I really hate it when people are observing your monitor and your laptop screen, and feel compelled, when pointing something out, to actually touch your screen, leaving a big messy fingerprint.

A scout did this last night, and as he was doing it I said "Don't touch my screen." He looked at me in shock, as if I had just slapped him. As if I had just asked him something bizarrely ridiculous.

Screen-touchers are bad, awful people. Stay away from them. They will trample over you in a second.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay away from people that are too lazy to clean their own computer screens.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I cant stand when a partner is reviewing a document and he or she licks her finger or thumb in order to better "grip" the pages as they are turned.

The last thing I want is for someone to put their saliva on my document and then hand it right back to me. Gross.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I cant stand when a partner is reviewing a document and he or she licks her finger or thumb in order to better "grip" the pages as they are turned.

The last thing I want is for someone to put their saliva on my document and then hand it right back to me. Gross.
I bet that at some point in your career a co-worker has reviewed your work while using the restroom and you later touched it.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I really hate it when people are observing your monitor and your laptop screen, and feel compelled, when pointing something out, to actually touch your screen, leaving a big messy fingerprint.

A scout did this last night, and as he was doing it I said "Don't touch my screen." He looked at me in shock, as if I had just slapped him. As if I had just asked him something bizarrely ridiculous.

Screen-touchers are bad, awful people. Stay away from them. They will trample over you in a second.
I told my boss at my last job one time to please stop touching my computer screen. I think she was pretty ticked, but she didn't touch the screen anymore after that.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I bet that at some point in your career a co-worker has reviewed your work while using the restroom and you later touched it.
Given the quality of my work, I would be shocked if it were reviewed anywhere BUT the bathroom.

We did have a guy in our office that we dubbed The Barefoot Bandit. He would take off his shoes and socks while in the toilet stall. For a week or so, we were all trying to figure out his identity. Turned out it was a short vietnamese guy....very nice fellow, just liked taking his shoes off. Disgusting.

In a display of personal progress, I used the restroom on my floor this week. #1, but at least it is something. Used a paper towel to open the door, threw the towel on the ground behind the door. Baby steps.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 01-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In a display of personal progress, I used the restroom on my floor this week. #1, but at least it is something. Used a paper towel to open the door, threw the towel on the ground behind the door. Baby steps.
Wait, you seriously don't use public restrooms? Unbelievable. You're a lawyer, right? So that means you must work like 12 hours a day or more. You can hold it THAT long?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Wait, you seriously don't use public restrooms? Unbelievable. You're a lawyer, right? So that means you must work like 12 hours a day or more. You can hold it THAT long?
First, I dont work insane hours much anymore. I gave that crap up a few years ago and found a great niche. This means I only work about 10 hour days. To me, that is a breeze. I think most attorneys would agree. Get in around 8AM and leave for home by about 6:30 or 7. Some nights earlier, some nights later. Come home by 4 or 5 on Fridays. Once I am home, I rarely do any client stuff.

I will use the restrooms under certain circumstances. The ones in the office are generally "clean," but I try to hold everything until I get home. True "public" restrooms......places like amusement parks, airports, stadiums, etc....no thanks. It would have to be a near emergency for me to use one to sit on and I try my hardest to not use them at all.

I can hold it that long. Kegels work for men, too....

Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
First, I dont work insane hours much anymore. I gave that crap up a few years ago and found a great niche. This means I only work about 10 hour days. To me, that is a breeze. I think most attorneys would agree. Get in around 8AM and leave for home by about 6:30 or 7. Some nights earlier, some nights later. Come home by 4 or 5 on Fridays. Once I am home, I rarely do any client stuff.

I will use the restrooms under certain circumstances. The ones in the office are generally "clean," but I try to hold everything until I get home. True "public" restrooms......places like amusement parks, airports, stadiums, etc....no thanks. It would have to be a near emergency for me to use one to sit on and I try my hardest to not use them at all.

I can hold it that long. Kegels work for men, too....
Kegels are a great way to keep yourself from wetting your pants when you sneeze, but I didn't think they did much for the discomfort of a totally full bladder. I'm guessing that you're not the guy walking into the office with a Big Gulp.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had a problem wetting my pants when I sneeze.

I must be blessed.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote