cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I think there is one way I will change my stance on dating.

Okay for some time now I've had zero interest whatsoever in remarrying, or even having another relationship, or even dating. But I had a revelation this evening while dining at Royal Taj in Santa Cruz: I would marry an Indian girl, so long as she cooked her native food every evening. I could seriously eat that stuff seven days a week and be happier than a puppy with two peters.

Do they have mail-order Indian brides?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

We live adjacent to an Indian couple. they are super nice. They actually bring us over stuff to try, as my wife and I love indian food......tandoori, gulab jamen and ice cream for dessert, curried potatoes and chickpeas, naan, etc.

Their home constantly reeks of curry and spices. Every time we go over to visit or watch a game, we leave and have to shower because the odor is so strong.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:19 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Indians are not very likely to marry out of their ethnicity. Although among my circle of acquaintances I do know of a couple where the wife is Indian.

So sorry Ute4ever, not going to happen.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:25 AM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Now before you burst my bubble, my cousin married a guy from Thailand and he taught her how to cook Thai. She makes it every night. So with their example, this is why I think it's a possibility.

I wonder if SoCal has a hopping Indian singles scene, though I can't think of where to look besides the Indian restaurants, but I want to at least be tactful about it.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:28 AM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Now before you burst my bubble, my cousin married a guy from Thailand and he taught her how to cook Thai. She makes it every night. So with their example, this is why I think it's a possibility.

I wonder if SoCal has a hopping Indian singles scene, though I can't think of where to look besides the Indian restaurants, but I want to at least be tactful about it.
American-born and raised Indians still often have arranged marriages, sometimes to Indians born and raised in India.

I have an Indian physician friend who married a white chick. And he has caught major hell for it.

The pressure isn't nearly as strong for Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Phillipino, etc.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

The indian couple next door to us came to the US because they wanted to get out of their arrangement. Her family wanted her to marry a more wealthy guy, although this guy is doing ok down here. They have told us that arranged marriages are still common.

If you are serious, I can ask them where the single Indian scene is locally. There are loads of Persians and Indians here in South County. They must congregate somewhere....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

There is no shortage of very attractive Indian girls btw. They're just not available. Based on my med school talent show, they also dance very well.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:56 AM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I would think if anyone has a shot, you would. I see you as someone who would be very interested in and accomodating of another culture.

But man it would be tough. Weren't there death threats against that actress because Richard Gere kissed her improptu?
Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 AM   #9
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

I'm dating a girl who is part Indian. Byootiful.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:00 AM   #10
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Coach a local rec league soccer team with an Indian girl on it. Her parents will eventually come around once they see how much happiness you and soccer bring her.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote