cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: preferred PB:
Creamy 13 39.39%
Crunchy 15 45.45%
Either 5 15.15%
Neither 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #61
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
IMHFGSO, of course.
In my humble former Girl Scout Opinion???
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #62
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
In my humble former Girl Scout Opinion???
yup.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #63
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm not a big consumer of peanut butter. Never have been.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #64
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to chime in on this one because I would bet very good money that no one here eats more PB than I do. I have PB&J every day for lunch at work. Every day. Maybe twice a month it varies if I'm out of the office.

For lunch on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, I will often have a southern delicacy, the banana sandwich: white bread, mayo on one slice, peanut butter on the other, and sliced banana. That with chips, Mountain Dew and baseball - it doesn't get much better.

So I have PB at least 5 times a week, sometimes six. This doesn't include Reese's (mmmmmm.....) or Granny Smith apples with PB or the waffle/pancakes breakfast with PB. I also like to do PB, chocolate chips, and marshmallows, and put it in the sandwich maker. It's dessert for lunch.

And I usually eat creamy, but the crunchy is a nice change of pace when you eat it every day for lunch.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #65
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
I have to chime in on this one because I would bet very good money that no one here eats more PB than I do. I have PB&J every day for lunch at work. Every day. Maybe twice a month it varies if I'm out of the office.

For lunch on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, I will often have a southern delicacy, the banana sandwich: white bread, mayo on one slice, peanut butter on the other, and sliced banana. That with chips, Mountain Dew and baseball - it doesn't get much better.

So I have PB at least 5 times a week, sometimes six. This doesn't include Reese's (mmmmmm.....) or Granny Smith apples with PB or the waffle/pancakes breakfast with PB. I also like to do PB, chocolate chips, and marshmallows, and put it in the sandwich maker. It's dessert for lunch.

And I usually eat creamy, but the crunchy is a nice change of pace when you eat it every day for lunch.
I bow down to reverence you, oh great parrothead from the bay.

I also have a PB and J nearly everyday for lunch. The only exception is when I don't have time to make a lunch in the morning and grab a burrito from the shop next door. My wife even offers to make me a nice lunch every once in a while, and I often will defer in favor of a PB and J.

This saturday I made breakfast for the kids and what else would I make but pancakes to slather some crunchy PB on. My 6 year old will try it with PB on it, but prefers just plain butter. The 2 younger girls will have nothing to do with it.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #66
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
I have to chime in on this one because I would bet very good money that no one here eats more PB than I do. I have PB&J every day for lunch at work. Every day. Maybe twice a month it varies if I'm out of the office..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I bow down to reverence you, oh great parrothead from the bay.

I also have a PB and J nearly everyday for lunch.
Dude, is that the best you guys can do? Almost every day? Ha! I scoff at your amateur-ish status.

I eat PB like twice a day at least. I used to keep a jar in the library office and eat straight out of the jar. (File under: ways to piss off head librarian.)

I think I need some sort of rehab.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #67
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Dude, is that the best you guys can do? Almost every day? Ha! I scoff at your amateur-ish status.

I eat PB like twice a day at least. I used to keep a jar in the library office and eat straight out of the jar. (File under: ways to piss off head librarian.)

I think I need some sort of rehab.
That can't be good for you.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #68
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried the two pancakes with PB in the middle and topped with applesauce. (The PB melted right into the pancake, like butter). It was alright, but I could barely taste the PB even though I spread it on pretty generously. Applesauce has a strong, overriding flavor.

I also tried the two pancakes with nutella in the middle and topped with applesauce. It was gross and I threw it out.

For dessert I made peanut butter cookies and topped them with nutella. They were fabulous.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #69
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That can't be good for you.
Well, I hope it's good for me or I may be in trouble in a few years here.

Last edited by BarbaraGordon; 06-04-2007 at 05:19 PM.