cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

It's always an awkward subject when dating someone. Every experience is different, but in my recent experience with my Fiance, when we were dating (I know this having now talked to her about it) we were both thinking "Will I marry this person?" "What if we get married?" etc. And finally one night she just blurted it out...."Do you think we'll get married"?

Sometimes having those discussions and getting it out in the open is really the only way to live in the moment so to speak...once it is out there, you know what the potential is and you can have fun and still get to know each other without wondering what if.

At 24/25 in the LDS church, people are thinking about marraige...it is all around them and unavoidable. I know that sometimes folks don't want to bring it up because it might "scare the person off" but really, if she's into you, she probably sees it as well...so it might not be as awkward as you think.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

When it comes to all of our pre-set rules in regards to love, relationships...etc...etc.......they'll typically end up being broken anyway, so why fight the obvious.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #13
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I dated my wife for 4 years and have been married for 3 and I am only 24. I met her the day after I graduated highschool and we went on a date and the next night i had a date with another girl. I stayed that night with my wife until 4am. The next night i go on this date with the other girl and take her hom at 8:30 pretending to be sick and go visit my wife and we are together til 4 am again. After about 3 months she told me she loved me and i wasnt sure yet so i didnt respond (talk about awkard) needless to say we ended up dating 4 more years and then were married.

Everyone is different for me it took that long to be sure, but i was also very young and was married at 20, she was 19.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #14
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Any updates for us, fus? Marriage impending?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote