cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road
Default Is this a serious post or a joke?

Just read this on Cougarboard and I need a ruling from the board. This guy says his mom talked to him weekly about petting and masturbation when he was a teenager. Assuming this guy is serious, are a lot of LDS parents similarly obsessed with sexual matters? That is truly bizarre.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3870022

And this guy also says he never doubted "his beliefs." That must be a direct result of the constant harping from his mom about petting and masturbation. I guess it worked.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3870018
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me guess, your dad told you to ignore anything you were taught in the church about masturbation.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:12 AM   #3
CardiacCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Let me guess, your dad told you to ignore anything you were taught in the church about masturbation.
Thanks for killing the thread, man. I guess you're saying that's normal behavior, for a mom to sit her son down and talk about that stuff WEEKLY when he's a teenager. Interesting. I had no idea.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:25 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
Thanks for killing the thread, man. I guess you're saying that's normal behavior, for a mom to sit her son down and talk about that stuff WEEKLY when he's a teenager. Interesting. I had no idea.
No, my guess was not just something I pulled out of the air. It was something your brother said your father told him.

I merely point out that you are probably coming from the exact opposite end of the spectrum.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
Just read this on Cougarboard and I need a ruling from the board. This guy says his mom talked to him weekly about petting and masturbation when he was a teenager. Assuming this guy is serious, are a lot of LDS parents similarly obsessed with sexual matters? That is truly bizarre.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3870022

And this guy also says he never doubted "his beliefs." That must be a direct result of the constant harping from his mom about petting and masturbation. I guess it worked.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3870018
Idiot now and then makes some idiotic statements. He usually isn't a troll, but I think he tries it now and then.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

i wonder how many angry emails CC sent to MPC.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
CardiacCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I merely point out that you are probably coming from the exact opposite end of the spectrum.
I guess Mom and Dad got a little more liberal with my young brothers. I remember my dad saying masturbation was a "bad habit" and that's about it. He didn't tell us it would lead to homosexuality or that it was all part of "the sin second only to murder" or anything like that. If that's the exact opposite end of the spectrum from what the Church teaches, then so be it.

I think the part I find most mind-boggling is that there are mothers out there that have continual talks with their sons about masturbation. Just seems analogous to a father having talks with daughters about menstrual cycles or something.