cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tim Send a message via MSN to Tim
Default Excellent episode of The Apprentice...

Any watchers?

Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
Any watchers?

Tim
Hell no. That show sucks and so does Donald Trump. No offense.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was great as well. He set those two up to throw eachother under the bus only to fire them both...it was great. I have to say, this season has been pretty entertaining...

...I don't think Trump sucks for the record, I think he's hilarious, and among American men, he's in the top 5 in successful product sales (meaning his own name brand stuff)
Old 05-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Loved it. Gave me a warm feeling in my bossom. Nothing like seeing self-absorbed idiots get their asses handed to them by Trump while his two kids look on.

The girl actually thought she designed some great uniforms and that people just didn't get it. How many self-respecting bellhops would have put on that fairy suit with the pink-winged half sleeves?

I'm struck how each time Trump, in the end, chooses very decent, seemingly grounded people. Few people can snow that guy.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
Loved it. Gave me a warm feeling in my bossom. Nothing like seeing self-absorbed idiots get their asses handed to them by Trump while his two kids look on.

The girl actually thought she designed some great uniforms and that people just didn't get it. How many self-respecting bellhops would have put on that fairy suit with the pink-winged half sleeves?

100% agree. That Allie is in her own little world. There is absolutely no room for input with her. Roxanne is young & not at all assertive. Its hard to believe that she's an attorney. Beyond that her major mistake was hitching her wagon to Allie's 'star.'

It was clear that Trump wasn't going to hire either one. The argument between the two just gave him an excuse to can them at the same time.

Sean is the odds on favorite(imo) to win this thing.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Sean is the odds on favorite(imo) to win this thing.
He definitely has the experience card to play, but Trump seems to like Lee. I like them both. They both seem pretty solid. I'm wondering if we are going to see him hire two people this time.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #7
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
He definitely has the experience card to play, but Trump seems to like Lee. I like them both. They both seem pretty solid. I'm wondering if we are going to see him hire two people this time.
Dunno. It didn't pan out last time, if you'll remember. He left it up to the winner who said nooooooo. He could end up hiring both, though. There's no telling what's going on behind the scenes.

And what's with that reward? Dinner with Ivanka & Don? That's kind of weak, especially at this late stage of the game. I wonder if the show couldn't line up anything better. The candidates have received Free diamonds, free designer clothes, etc, etc and the grand reward this time is dinner with his kids(so they could get a better accounting of what he was like)? I would have thought that it would have been more in line to send them out on a yacht with a celebrity, or a helicopter tour of NYC, or something like that.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:45 AM   #8
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Dunno. It didn't pan out last time, if you'll remember. He left it up to the winner who said nooooooo. He could end up hiring both, though. There's no telling what's going on behind the scenes.

And what's with that reward? Dinner with Ivanka & Don? That's kind of weak, especially at this late stage of the game. I wonder if the show couldn't line up anything better. The candidates have received Free diamonds, free designer clothes, etc, etc and the grand reward this time is dinner with his kids(so they could get a better accounting of what he was like)? I would have thought that it would have been more in line to send them out on a yacht with a celebrity, or a helicopter tour of NYC, or something like that.
I kind of thought the same thing at first, "Oh great, dinner with your kids?!?!?! What type of reward is that?" Then again, it was an opportunity to smooze some people that might play a part in the hiring process. In the end, it turned out pretty well. I thought Ivanka made some interesting comments about the type of people The Donald likes to hire. And that "$300 per month during college" comment by Donny Jr. was insightful. While I'm sure Donny Jr. wasn't flipping burgers to earn extra cash, at least The Donald didn't just pamper them. They seem pretty grounded for being who they are (definitely not Paris Hilton clones).

At the last show, I thought it was pretty lame for The Donald to suggest they also hire the runner-up girl. For some reason I think he really liked her. Aside from breaking her ankle early on, I didn't she that she did anything that made her stand out. He kept going on and on about how most people would have dropped out after breaking an ankle, but that she toughed it out and stayed. I don't buy that. I think the rare person would have dropped out.

That he would suggest hiring two people last time makes me think he is open to taking on these two this time.

Wow, I've just realized that I've become an Apprentice nerd. I hope there is a support group out there for me.