cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How often do you have spiritual.....

experiences?

How long does it take for you to get answers to your prayers?

As members of the true church, and a follower of it's precepts, how often should we be having direct communications with God?

Do your spiritual experiences come as a result from church frequency, general conference, scripture study?

Do they come from personal meditation, introspection, self assesment?

Weighted one way or the other?

The answers to my own questions are as follows:

a. Not often.
b. I rarely pray for anything specific.
c. I would think we should have weekly experiences.
d. Rarely do my spiritual experiences come from church sponsored activity
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

With how much you seek to undermine the beliefs of others with your disingenuous bullshit,,,all under the guise of pretending to seek for knowledge...what the hell do you expect?

Dishonest people at heart who lie to their bishops by disingenuously obtaining temple recommends...then seek to rub it in other peoples faces, enjoy rubbing it in others face, all the while claiming they're so picked on.....well apostates like you rarely do have real and legitimate spiritual experiences.

You're basically Lucifer's bitch.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-28-2007 at 09:19 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Dishonest at heart apostates rarely do have real and legitimate spiritual experiences.
You are neither a priesthood leader, nor a prophet, nor a scholar. This is very judgmental of you.

Perhaps, you forget the following: 1 Cor. 12:

1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, acarried away unto these dumb bidols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can asay that Jesus is the bLord, but by the cHoly Ghost.

4 Now there are diversities of agifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the aSpirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is agiven by the bSpirit the cword of dwisdom; to another the word of eknowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another afaith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of bhealing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of amiracles; to another bprophecy; to another cdiscerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of dtongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It's just Fus, up to his same ol' garbage all over again.

Duh Arch.

If you wanna play sucker, by all means go for it. You seem to enjoy having a bizarre kinship with people of his dishonest and deceiving ilk, all just because they express themselves intelligently.

If anything, I'll never accuse you of being consistent. You can see Aaron for what he is, but these other idiots, you refuse to. But I'm sure you've got your bullshit reasons and answers for that, just like you've got an answer for everything else, never admitting that you've been completely fooled by something so ridiculously obvious.

I won't respond again in this thread as I've made my point. And my point is right. Have a nice day.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-28-2007 at 09:28 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's just Fus, up to his same ol' garbage all over again.

Duh Arch.

If you wanna play sucker, by all means go for it. You seem to enjoy having a bizarre kinship with people of his dishonest and deceiving ilk, all just because they express themselves intelligently.

If anything, I'll never accuse you of being consistent. You can see Aaron for what he is, but these other idiots, you refuse to. But I'm sure you've got your bullshit reasons and answers for that, just like you've got an answer for everything else, never admitting that you've been completely fooled by something so ridiculously obvious.

I won't respond again in this thread as I've made my point. And my point is right. Have a nice day.
If you won't respond, then why bother here?

Try to add something, not just detracting.

I've spoken or texted fusnik a few times and he is not some dishonest person. He may not share your way of believing, but just having a diversity of opinion is not proof of apostasy.

Many member lament the fact that they aren't always having spiritual experiences. This is quite common for members to worry what's going on.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

I'll vouch for Fusnik. I used to think much the way you do, Rocky. Over time, I've changed my opinion. Not only do I think Fusnik is an honest and sincere seeker of truth, I am impressed by the way he consistently refuses to respond when his character is called into question. I don't feel that your criticism is deserved.

As for Fusnik's original question, I think that we are capable of having spiritual experiences every day. The two limiting factors are, I believe, our ability to recognize communication with God, and our willingness to respond to it. There was a phase during my mission where I would ask what I needed to do to obtain some blessing, and I feel that I was answered every time I asked-- until I got tired of having to do so much work.

I believe that if any person prays to ask what God wants them to do, being willing to do whatever it is they need to do (perhaps even having affirmed such willingness beforehand), God gives the answer. To the extent that any person is limited, it is usually because they don't recognize the communication or because they don't want it.

That's not to say there aren't times that God doesn't speak, just because He (apparently) feels that we are capable of doing it on our own, or that we are kept from spiritual experiences only because we are spiritually weak beings.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:15 AM   #7
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
experiences?

How long does it take for you to get answers to your prayers?

As members of the true church, and a follower of it's precepts, how often should we be having direct communications with God?

Do your spiritual experiences come as a result from church frequency, general conference, scripture study?

Do they come from personal meditation, introspection, self assesment?

Weighted one way or the other?

The answers to my own questions are as follows:

a. Not often.
b. I rarely pray for anything specific.
c. I would think we should have weekly experiences.
d. Rarely do my spiritual experiences come from church sponsored activity
I rarely have what I think of as "in the moment" experience. I feel good at church, but rarely have a burning in the bosom type experience.

The big spiritual experiences in my life were my wedding (sealing) and the birth of my second daughter (wasn't invited to the first). Also my first daughter's baptism and my brother's sealings. I am blessing my baby nextweek, that ought to be pretty neat.

Most of my "day to day" spiritual experiences only occur upon reflection. When I think about how life is good, how I have been blessed with a good wife and family, with material things sufficient for my needs, that my health is basically good,that my children are healthy and happy, that I live in a land that is free and more or less safe....I stop and thank God for those things. I don't take them for granted, and the gratitude I feel for them is spiritual to me.

Also, watching Sean Taylor more or less decapitate a wide reciever or running back is a quasi-spiritual experience.

Last edited by UtahDan; 04-29-2007 at 03:17 AM.
UtahDan is offline   Reply With Quote