cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #21
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Rachel McAdams was hot in Wedding Crashers. That movie was very funny... though, not as funny as the 40 Year Old Virgin. That movie is pretty crude... but man, I can't help but laugh at it when I watch it. So many funny parts, and yet, so much truth to it.

Another movie that I started to watch with the mrs. and I couldn't handle it was "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". It was so terrible, I couldn't make it past like 15 minutes of it. Awful. It was like James Bond with awful unbelievable action. The only thing that made me think that I was going to be able to tolerate it was Cameron Diaz... and yet even that wasn't enough.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:44 AM   #22
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
As far as chick flicks go I typically hate the stuff, but I actually like The Notebook.

Mostly because it reminded me of my Grandma and Grandpa.

As for movies that should always forever burn in hell,,,my first choice is

Mona Lisa Smiles....I felt like gouging my eyes out with the opposite end of spoon sitting through that torturous heaping pile of dung.

Sidekicks. The all-time worst movie ever made. If any movie sucks as bad as Sidekicks sucks, it is only because it was made by the producer of Sidekicks.

In fact, just typing out this message makes me mad because it means I have devoted another fraction of a minute of my life thinking about Sidekicks and how it is the suckiest suck that ever did suck.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:20 AM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
As for movies that should always forever burn in hell,,,my first choice is

Mona Lisa Smiles....I felt like gouging my eyes out with the opposite end of spoon sitting through that torturous heaping pile of dung.
Whenever Mrs. Padrino demands that I watch a movie with her (we never go to movies as I refuse to shell out that much money so we wait for it to come out on DVD) she hides the melon ballers and awls that are around the house so I can't remove my eyes and puncture my eardrums.

Of course, when I want to share cinematic masterpieces with her, she decides that it is more important to watchy whatever is on Lifetime. She'd rather watch one of those "men are evil and the bane of civilzation" shows than something like Caddyshack.

Go figure.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:58 AM   #24
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
Showgirls...now, I never saw the 'real' version but the Cleanflicks version on the USA Network, man, that is a bad movie.
Only UteStar could bring this up! Of course, my wife and I enjoy when we happen across it, because it's so horrible it's funny. Everything about that movie is bad from the names to the acting to the played out plot. But they did excel at creating digital bras and bikini tops.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:26 AM   #25
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Parrot...I am not sure if I should be proud or offended by saying only I could bring this up. It is one of those shows that whenever you see it on USA, you are compelled to keep watching it because the acting and plot is so laughingly bad. Whats even worse is that the director really thought he made a good picture. But I guess the laugh is finally on me as I keep watching that piece of crap.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:52 AM   #26
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

I just see it as further evidence of our kindred spirits. Now if only we could work on that ute part....

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote