cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Nice photo but it is a little blurry.
It's a panning shot. You have to adjust the exposure time, depending on what you want. Too much time, too blurry. Too little, then you don't get that blurred background effect.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It's a panning shot. You have to adjust the exposure time, depending on what you want. Too much time, too blurry. Too little, then you don't get that blurred background effect.

I know. I was just joking. It is a nice shot. I used ot support my spending money habit in HS by taking photos of the HS teams and selling them to the parents. I did all the darkroom work myself. I was not a very good photographer but I learned that film was cheap (back then, and if youbought bulk and loaded it yourself) and that if you took hundreds of shots, a few would tunr out good enough to sell. I also found that parents will buy even crappy shots of their kids.

In any event, I like your shot.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #13
mattbikeboy

mattbikeboy is on a distinguished road

I live south of the airport by Silverado HS and ride mostly in Green Valley and Henderson or mountain biking with the Desperados (a dozen of us in the stake).

I shoot for Luv2Bike but haven't raced with them -yet! I'm thinking about going to ride the 24 hours of Moab with them though. The cover shoot in the new issue is mine and I've had stuff in the last three issues and had stuff published in VeloNews and on the Bicycling magazine and Triathlete magazine websites. Mostly I've been doing this as a side gig for fun and extra cash for gear. I was the Creative Director at a sign company until a month ago when they laid me off -- so now I'm shooting a little more earnestly. It's sad but I make considerably more doing kids sports pictures than I do selling anything to magazines.

Anyway, Greg's timing was interesting. His timing could have been very good if he would have set up a his own press conference and presented a plan for fixing cycling -- and been more articulate! He had most everyone in the cycling world media nearby and could have easily persuaded them to come to another press conference.

As it is, he came off a crazy old man who doesn't like Lance. :shock: And most of the media ignored him in their articles about the press conference. It seems Greg is having a hard time finding a sympathetic ear when it comes to reforming the anti-doping system. When you hear Greg talk about it he is extremely knowledgeable about doping, physiology and training. I think he gets so fired up he looses it a bit.

mbb
http://www.lvactionimages.com
mattbikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbikeboy View Post
I live south of the airport by Silverado HS and ride mostly in Green Valley and Henderson or mountain biking with the Desperados (a dozen of us in the stake).

I shoot for Luv2Bike but haven't raced with them -yet! I'm thinking about going to ride the 24 hours of Moab with them though. The cover shoot in the new issue is mine and I've had stuff in the last three issues and had stuff published in VeloNews and on the Bicycling magazine and Triathlete magazine websites. Mostly I've been doing this as a side gig for fun and extra cash for gear. I was the Creative Director at a sign company until a month ago when they laid me off -- so now I'm shooting a little more earnestly. It's sad but I make considerably more doing kids sports pictures than I do selling anything to magazines.

Anyway, Greg's timing was interesting. His timing could have been very good if he would have set up a his own press conference and presented a plan for fixing cycling -- and been more articulate! He had most everyone in the cycling world media nearby and could have easily persuaded them to come to another press conference.

As it is, he came off a crazy old man who doesn't like Lance. :shock: And most of the media ignored him in their articles about the press conference. It seems Greg is having a hard time finding a sympathetic ear when it comes to reforming the anti-doping system. When you hear Greg talk about it he is extremely knowledgeable about doping, physiology and training. I think he gets so fired up he looses it a bit.

mbb
I just went to your website.

I have skated that park in Anthem. My wife's grandparents and aunt/uncle live fairly close to that area so when we visit, I usually make my way over there. Nice park.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 AM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbikeboy View Post

mbb
Just around the corner from you.