cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs. UCLA

I'm coming into the game with the expectation of winning....just because I have bought the hype and think this team has a lot of mental toughness.

But these are the kinds of games that BYU typically loses. Tough team on the road.

So here is the real question for the BYU fan: which game holds more interest for you? The bowl game or this basketball game?

I'll be watching both games of course. I guess you could say that I've kinda stopped paying attention to the football team.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm coming into the game with the expectation of winning....just because I have bought the hype and think this team has a lot of mental toughness.

But these are the kinds of games that BYU typically loses. Tough team on the road.

So here is the real question for the BYU fan: which game holds more interest for you? The bowl game or this basketball game?

I'll be watching both games of course. I guess you could say that I've kinda stopped paying attention to the football team.
I am watching the basketball team but parental duties may prevent that. I'm more interested in watching a successful basketball team than an unsuccessful football team. If I can I'll watch both.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

We saw another one of the road losses are now accustomed to seeing.

This was a game where the BYU front line was absolutely dominated. BYU ran a zone, but still could not slow down UCLA's front line.

It wasn't that BYU couldn't score. They did fine on that end, esp. Davies in the 2nd half. It was the inability to turn up the pressure on D like they have been doing all season to this point. They could not get stops, they could not get turnovers, they could not rebound. All of this equals less transition opportunities for BYU.

UCLA did a great job with their passing, very few turnovers.

C. Collinsworth was back, but did not impress. Neither did Hartsock. Who may be affected by a lingering concussion. Hopefully things can get better as these guys get healthy. K. Collinsworth didn't really show up, but that is expected. This is not a kid with an aggressive mindset. Abouo did not get much PT, don't know why. Seems like his defense and rebounding could have been helpful.

Hopefully the team learned something with the loss.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote