cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #31
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
The UFC seems to be on its way to being finished. I almost can't bear to watch it anymore. I hope HDNet fights can get going and M-1 can organize some legitimate fights over the next little while.

Griffin a title fight?
Arlovski on the shelf?
Sherk an immediate title fight after being busted for roids?
No real competition, save Dan Heno, for Anderson Silva?
Fight Nights with Burkman as the headlining fight?
Ken Flo not getting a title shot?
Jardine on the shelf after whooping Chuck's ass?
Contract disputes with Tito, Randy, Barnett, Lindland?
Forest beat the shit out of Shogun who many feel is the best 205 in the world. His only legit loss came to Jardine who beat Lidell. Forest is deserving.

Arlovski has a glass chin and lost twice to the knock kneed goof Tim Sylvia. He should be fighting but is way out from a title shot.

Roids or not Sherk has not been beaten at 155. He still has a belt and should get a shot once he is clean to prove he deserves it.

Dan Henderson is one of the baddest men on the planet and will probably be Silva's biggest test to date. I think Hendo wins that one.

Fight nights are free. You aren't going to get A list fighters for free. You get up and comers and journeyman. It is what it is.

Kenny Florian got a title shot and Sherk f-ed him up.

Jardine followed up his win over Lidell by promptly getting knocked into the middle of next week by a one dimensional Houston Alexander. He needs to work his way back in.

You are absolutly right on the contract disputes. They need to knock it off and get the talent in house.

The UFC has never been better or stronger than it is right now. The dust is still settling from the PRIDE merger. Give it a year or so to work itself out.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #32
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
Forest beat the shit out of Shogun who many feel is the best 205 in the world. His only legit loss came to Jardine who beat Lidell. Forest is deserving.

Arlovski has a glass chin and lost twice to the knock kneed goof Tim Sylvia. He should be fighting but is way out from a title shot.

Roids or not Sherk has not been beaten at 155. He still has a belt and should get a shot once he is clean to prove he deserves it.

Dan Henderson is one of the baddest men on the planet and will probably be Silva's biggest test to date. I think Hendo wins that one.

Fight nights are free. You aren't going to get A list fighters for free. You get up and comers and journeyman. It is what it is.

Jardine followed up his win over Lidell by promptly getting knocked into the middle of next week by a one dimensional Houston Alexander. He needs to work his way back in.

You are absolutly right on the contract disputes. They need to knock it off and get the talent in house.

The UFC has never been better or stronger than it is right now. The dust is still settling from the PRIDE merger. Give it a year or so to work itself out.
Good call Taq....the UFC is in a good place and they know it; right now, they ARE MMA. Hopefully, the other organizations will catch up and provide competition, a la PRIDE.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #33
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post

No use arguing with Fusnik, if its not Pride he aint listening. Fusnik thinks every guy from Pride is better than any fighter the UFC has ever produced.

It is funny that the last few pride guys to come over have had their asses handed to them, Shogun, Wanderlei, Sokoudjou. Not to mention every other lame ass Japanese guy they try to put in the octagon.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 AM   #34
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
No use arguing with Fusnik, if its not Pride he aint listening. Fusnik thinks every guy from Pride is better than any fighter the UFC has ever produced.

It is funny that the last few pride guys to come over have had their asses handed to them, Shogun, Wanderlei, Sokoudjou. Not to mention every other lame ass Japanese guy they try to put in the octagon.
Don't forget CroCop. I spent months telling my friends what a badass he was and how he was going to decimate the weak HW division in the UFC. Wow, I'm still picking crow out of my teeth.

The best PRIDE guys are Rampage, Henderson, and Big Nog, in that order. I think Gomi could do well if he moved to the states and stayed in shape, as I said before Hunt and Barnett are also two guys that would do really well in the UFC. Shogun learned a valuable lesson against Griffin. You have to be in shape to compete in the UFC. Also not being able to kick a guy in the head, or knee to the head when he's on the ground takes away big parts of his game.

I will say this for PRIDE, I miss the win by footstomp.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote