cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #21
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipiTau View Post
Who do you think Bronco would say is the better player?
I believe Bronco has already commented on this, and basically said he would not say Kehl was as good as Urlacher. I'll try to find the article.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #22
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Forget 40 times or size, etc...Urlacher is/was a flat out playmaker. There were times at UNM that it seemed Urlacher was the only defensive player on the field. He seemingly made every play out there. Some things simply cannot be measured.

Urlacher could run a 5.0 40 to Kehl's 4.6 40 and still be a much better player.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I believe Bronco has already commented on this, and basically said he would not say Kehl was as good as Urlacher. I'll try to find the article.
No luck. From memory, and paraphrased, the article went something like this:

Bronco: Makes some complimentary remarks about Kehl's qualities as they compare with Urlacher's.
Reporter: "Would you say Kehl is as good as Urlacher was?"
Bronco: "I wouldn't say that, no."

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 04-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #24
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
Forget 40 times or size, etc...Urlacher is/was a flat out playmaker.
Forget 40 times? If you aren't in position to make the play, you can't make the play.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #25
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Forget 40 times or size, etc...Urlacher is/was a flat out playmaker. There were times at UNM that it seemed Urlacher was the only defensive player on the field. He seemingly made every play out there. Some things simply cannot be measured.

Urlacher was unbelievable. Yes, he seemed to be involved in every play.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #26
Spaz

Quote:

On Urlacher:
Quote:
He finished his career with 422 tackles, 3 interceptions, 11 forced fumbles, and even 7 receptions that went for 6 touchdowns. He was named an All-American and was one of the most highly touted players of the 2000 NFL Draft.
Which seems to compare very favorably to Kehl's career stats: 205 tackles, 3 int, (no info on FF)...Without taking into account defensive scheme differences.

Kehl is certainly not touted as highly as Urlacher, and once again, likely won't be as successful.

Again, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Kehl turns out to be nearly as good.