cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #41
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think they're missing an enforcer.
I wonder if Fesenko can eventually develop into a real inside presence. If anything, he's clumsy enough to become an unintentional enforcer.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #42
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I wonder if Fesenko can eventually develop into a real inside presence. If anything, he's clumsy enough to become an unintentional enforcer.
I like his potential, and while I'm a fan of Jerry Sloan, it bugs me they didn't at least try and play him more, but because according to them....Jarron Collins understands the offense and knows what they're trying to do.......anyway...here's hoping Fesenko continues to develop.

Raw though they be, he's got the tools to develop into a good player.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 AM   #43
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think they're missing an enforcer. It pisses me off how many times this year I've seen a Jazz player get way laid with a very hard or flagrant foul and they never retaliate or commit ones of their own.

When I see a punk like Kenyon Martin deliberately try and take out Ronnie Brewer a while back and the Jazz players act like it's okay...that pisses me off.

I want an enforcer on the team. A shot blocker...a guy that intimidates and let's people know if you come into the pain,,,you're gonna get hit.
To a degree, that was why I liked Rafa on last years team. Not an NBA player by any stretch of the imagination, but he wasn't afraid to foul if he needed to. I had hoped that they could find a way to keep him and dump Collins... but that was just wishful thinking.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #44
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

According to Booze, on 1320 kfan interview, on that particular play it was Okur who had the defensive assignment to guard Dirk.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #45
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
According to Booze, on 1320 kfan interview, on that particular play it was Okur who had the defensive assignment to guard Dirk.
and presumably Boozer's assignment was to just watch.

Okur had to guard two different guys, and of course he had to take ball, and that left Dirk open.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #46
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
and presumably Boozer's assignment was to just watch.

Okur had to guard two different guys, and of course he had to take ball, and that left Dirk open.
FWIW, I wasn't trying to comment on the veracity of his statement or trying to imply the blame belonged elsewhere - I was just sharing what was said.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote