cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2008, 06:16 AM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Nah, I'm still riding a buzz from last year's playoffs though, so no worries. After not making the playoffs for so many years in a row, I am used to it. ~

Besides, who needs the NBA playoffs when I have my Sharks to cheer on in the NHL playoffs! Let's Go Sharks!

BTW, I have probably jinxed your Lakers because I picked them to win it all in my office pool.
Over the Celtics? DOubt that one highly.

I am not even sure the Lakers will make it out of round 2.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #22
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Yeah, Jackson's a dick, just look at this.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/jac...ty_assist.html
My bad. I love him now.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:42 AM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yeah, Jackson's a dick, just look at this.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/jac...ty_assist.html
The NBA obviously ignored that Jackson was more than likely doing whatever amount of time he was sentenced to community service.

Jackson is still a dick.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 AM   #24
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO, Carmello Anthony is the most hatable player in the NBA. I think he's the only player I really actively dislike.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 AM   #25
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
IMO, Carmello Anthony is the most hatable player in the NBA. I think he's the only player I really actively dislike.
Carmello is a little bitch.

This gem from Bill Simmons sums up Melo and his future:

Quote:
The Bernard King Award
To Melo for (what's soon to be) another quick playoff exit, another dicey off-court incident and an inevitable summer of trade rumors. Remember, Bernard battled drug/alcohol demons and bounced around for his first few years before eventually landing with (cueing up the Marv Albert voice) ... the New York Knickerbockers. It's unclear how to define Melo's problems beyond the whole "you can take the kid out of Baltimore, but you can't take the Baltimore out of the kid" joke, but clearly something is going on, and during an era when younger stars are much more personable and squeaky-clean, Melo seems to be a throwback to the mid-'90s, back when young players still made dumb mistakes and were surrounded by a swollen entourage at all times.

I don't see him spending his entire career in Denver, much less next season, and there's a 98.7 percent chance he'll become the focal point of every trade rumor this summer. For instance, what if the Grizzlies get the No. 2 pick and decide they want to take hometown kid Derrick Rose even though they already have three point guards on their roster. If you're Denver, do you trade Melo for Mike Conley Jr., Hakim Warrick and Mike Miller, chop a few million off your payroll and hope Miller and Linas Kleiza can replace Melo's numbers (which, by the way, they would)? If you're Memphis, wouldn't you sell tickets with Melo, Rose and Rudy Gay? In other words, aren't those two teams a match? What if Minnesota got the No. 2 pick? If you're Denver, would you offer Melo to the T-Wolves for that pick (plus expiring contracts) and take Rose? See where I'm going here? If the Nuggets can turn Melo into a point guard, cap space and/or something else, don't they have to think about it?

(Of course, Melo can vanquish the previous two paragraphs by putting the Nuggets on his back and torching the Lakers for the next few games when they don't have a single guy who can defend him. Let's just say I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.)

Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #26
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Carmello is a little bitch.

This gem from Bill Simmons sums up Melo and his future:
I like that Simmons excerpt. He can be very funny.

And I just watched the chicken Nuggets get swept. Can't say it broke my heart, though I wish they would have softened the Lakers a little bit.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #27
Surfah
Master

Quote:
I like that Simmons excerpt. He can be very funny.

And I just watched the chicken Nuggets get swept. Can't say it broke my heart, though I wish they would have softened the Lakers a little bit.
I'm glad the Lakers will get a little bit of rest now before the series with the Jazz. Should be a good one. Hopefully the Rockets can win one more to extend the series a bit longer to give the Lakers even more rest.

The Nuggets were a joke. I don't know what their game plan was. You could never tell by watching their defense or offense.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #28
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Carmello is a douche, and my hatred for him increased a bit after his hard foul on Deron Williams that has him banged up for the playoffs. However, I look at Carmello and I don't hate him as much as others because he isn't a threat. An annoyance, yes, but a threat? Not really...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The day that Kobe 1) retires, 2) dies will be a happy day.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote