cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 03:38 AM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

WOW. win or lose tonight, this has been an awesome game. 3 mins left.....lets go lakers.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:02 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

I am sensing a return of swagger that I have not seen in the Lakers since....well, the days of the 3peat.

This team is for real. This year.

And what happens when Bynum comes back?

Yowza!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 02-21-2008, 04:29 AM   #13
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Shaq looked a great deal better than many thought he would look as well.

The Suns trade is going to make them very dangerous. I think the Lakers can beat them because of their incredible depth, but I am not sure that the Spurs even with....Kurt Thomas!!!! can beat the Suns, nor the Mavs and everyone else, except maybe the Jazz.

Playoffs are a long way off, but man there are going to be some incredible playoff series out West.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:52 AM   #14
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

The Lakers are legit. This team without Bynum can go on a run. With Bynum, the Bynum pre-injury, they can win it.

The Suns are a farce. 5-12 against playoff teams. They have no defense. They traded their two best defensive players.

I still think San Antonio has to be the favorite by virtue that they are the defending champs. The Lakers are right there. And right now I have to say the Jazz are right there behind them as much as that kills me to admit. With all the hype around the Gasol, Shaq, and Kidd trades the Jazz have flown under the radar with one of the best additions this season in Korver. Deron Williams is the best point guard in the league in my opinion. But 1-10 in the west are good teams.

This should be a great finish to the end of the season and the western conference playoffs should be amazing.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:57 AM   #15
TripletDaddy

I was surprised. The second Shaq took off his warmups, you could see that it was more "in-shape Shaq" than "fat shaq," which bodes well for Phx.

His impact on Amare was immediately noticeable. With Shaq patrolling under the basket, Amare doesnt have to pretend to be a center.

I was a bit concerned about Pau in the first half. Maybe it was big game jitters or a desire to do too much, as he picked up silly fouls and was not finishing. Once he settled down, he looked great. He turned and shot over Shaq's head from 10-12 feet a few times.

Kudos to Mitch. He was a whipping boy, but deserves all the props now.

Problem Gasolved!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:28 AM   #16
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That's going to be a fun game to watch. The Suns and Lakers have a fun rivalry going and the new trade will only make it more intense. I'm interested to see how Phoenix plays with Kazaam.

I know the NBA is making a comeback when I DVR a non-Jazz game.
You shoulda been watching Celtics - Warriors!
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 AM   #17
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I was surprised. The second Shaq took off his warmups, you could see that it was more "in-shape Shaq" than "fat shaq," which bodes well for Phx.

His impact on Amare was immediately noticeable. With Shaq patrolling under the basket, Amare doesnt have to pretend to be a center.

I was a bit concerned about Pau in the first half. Maybe it was big game jitters or a desire to do too much, as he picked up silly fouls and was not finishing. Once he settled down, he looked great. He turned and shot over Shaq's head from 10-12 feet a few times.

Kudos to Mitch. He was a whipping boy, but deserves all the props now.

Problem Gasolved!
Pau was big. Odom was big. I can't even imagine this team with Bynum back in the fold. To be honest, Bynum going down was probably the best thing for the Lakers and worst thing for the rest of the league. I don't know that Kupchak goes after Gasol if Bynum never got hurt.

Mitch does deserve all the props. What I love about the trade the most is that it just caught everyone off guard. I mean they pulled this thing off without any leaks and it pissed off a ton of people. And it forced the Suns and Mavs to make risky moves. I'm not sure if either of those teams are better because of the trades. They may be better, but their window of opportunity certainly shrank.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I enjoyed seeing Raja bell get bonked on his head. He played horrible yesterday.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #19
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Careful, Triple D.

Don't want you getting too excited over a meaningless regular season game.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #20
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I enjoyed seeing Raja bell get bonked on his head. He played horrible yesterday.
Best part of the night. Kobe killed him and then Shaq delivered the knockout blow. That was a huge ass knot on his head when he was walking to the locker room.