cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2008, 01:21 AM   #61
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
That's the second time you explained it and I still agree with Creekster. So the team doesn't play defense because they lack the effort and mentality to do so?
Dude, it's not that complicated. Funk said they do not even have the ability or understanding to play solid defense. My response is, yes they do, and they can. I have seen it. Yes, I believe that they just don't put the effort into defense as much as they could. Therefore you have a team that scores a lot of points, and gives up a lot of points. Which I would rather watch any day, over a boring ass team that has games with scores like 82-80.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:06 AM   #62
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Dude, it's not that complicated. Funk said they do not even have the ability or understanding to play solid defense. My response is, yes they do, and they can. I have seen it. Yes, I believe that they just don't put the effort into defense as much as they could. Therefore you have a team that scores a lot of points, and gives up a lot of points. Which I would rather watch any day, over a boring ass team that has games with scores like 82-80.
So in short the Warriors jiggle the keys in front of you and you clap and laugh. Enjoy it when the Warriors score 108 points per game in the playoffs and allow 115 points per game.

By the way the Warriors aren't even the best offense in the league. They score a lot because they play a fast pace, but their PPS and offensive efficiency are not tops in the league. For example, the Jazz are a better offense than the Warriors.

<b>PPS</b>
Utah - 1.32 (3rd)
Golden State - 1.27 (9th)

<b>Adjusted field goal percentage</b>
Utah - 52% (3rd)
Golden State - 51% (6th)

<b>Offensive efficiency</b>
Utah -110.0 (2nd)
Golden State - 109.4 (4th)

Just think you focus so much on offense, and have such a shitty defense, but you still can't even manage to be the best offensive team in the league. Utah is a better offensive team. That must be tough to swallow.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote