cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #31
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I have a hard time believing he was never invited. I have a very easy time believing he may have been invited multiple times and the sullen, introverted Stockton declining.
Like I said, I have no idea if he was or not, but like you said, even if he was, he probably declined.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #32
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
His 3 pt percentage is not nearly as good as his FG percentage. 50% vs. 35% or somethign like that.

I loved Stockton and he was very impressive, but I am still in awe of the big O, who in 61 0r 62 averaged over 30 points, more than 10 assists and more than 12 boards PER GAME. Think about that when you think abotu all timw greta players and seasons.
his 3pt career is actually very high. about .385.

By contrast, Reggie Miller is the all-time leader at about .394...not much more than Stockton.

MJ was in the low 3s.....like .325.

Stockton was a legitimately excellent 3 point shooter.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #33
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Oscar played in a time when everyone played at the pace of the Suns and Warriors.

There were something like 40 more possessions per game on average then compared to today.

As impressive as Robertson's stats were, LeBron's 30-8-8 is much more amazing, in my opinion.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #34
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Lingo, you know a lot about the NBA. You aren't perchance an NBA expert columnist are you?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #35
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

To be fair here, Boozer crashed the boards on Deron's shot, while Dirk went cherry-picker on him.

Yeah, he should have recovered faster than he did (instead of celebrating the make), but even with a hand in his face, Dirk hits that shot more often than not.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #36
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Dirk is hitting 36% of his 3s.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #37
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
his 3pt career is actually very high. about .385.

By contrast, Reggie Miller is the all-time leader at about .394...not much more than Stockton.

MJ was in the low 3s.....like .325.

Stockton was a legitimately excellent 3 point shooter.

Of course, Miller attempted, like, a kazillion of them(as opposed to Stockton).
Old 04-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #38
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
To be fair here, Boozer crashed the boards on Deron's shot, while Dirk went cherry-picker on him.

Yeah, he should have recovered faster than he did (instead of celebrating the make), but even with a hand in his face, Dirk hits that shot more often than not.
One thing nobody is talking about this morning was that Deron's make was mostly luck. He was a bit off balance and the shot went off the glass and banked in. His next attempt was almost identical and he airballed it. It was an amazing shot, but mostly lucky. Boozer probably was simply expecting the shot to miss and that is why he was set up for the board.

There is no way Deron intended to use glass on a three. Nobody does.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #39
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I still think the Jazz are one piece away from contending seriously...not sure what that piece is, though. But it would likely be a defensive piece.

Sans injuries, I would be shocked if the Lakers were not everyone's pre-season favorite next year.

The Jazz are clearly onto something good, though.
I'm not sure that they are missing a piece, or just need the piece to develop. I think they would be better with an improved wing defender, but I think Ronnie Brewer could very well be that guy. I think if Brew could learn to hit the 3 from the corner (a la Bruce Bowen) he could turn into a VERY dangerous player.

I think having a big who can play some lock-down D would be nice, but is it worth it to lose what you have on the offensive end with Memo and Boozer complimenting each other so nicely? Honestly, I would say to look at moving Boozer because of his poor defense if I thought that you could get something worthwhile in return, and if he didn't have a good relationship with Williams.

I've thought a lot about it, and I don't know what it is they are missing. Honestly, it is probably just experience.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #40
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I think they're missing an enforcer. It pisses me off how many times this year I've seen a Jazz player get way laid with a very hard or flagrant foul and they never retaliate or commit ones of their own.

When I see a punk like Kenyon Martin deliberately try and take out Ronnie Brewer a while back and the Jazz players act like it's okay...that pisses me off.

I want an enforcer on the team. A shot blocker...a guy that intimidates and let's people know if you come into the pain,,,you're gonna get hit.