cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Either the Lakers or Spurs

will win the NBA Championship. They're the only teams taking the playoffs seriously, with the possible inclusion of the Hornets. The Celtics, Pistons, Jazz, Suns, Mavs and the rest are just pretenders.

The Celtics should be ashamed of themselves for losing two in a row to the Hawks.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
will win the NBA Championship. They're the only teams taking the playoffs seriously, with the possible inclusion of the Hornets. The Celtics, Pistons, Jazz, Suns, Mavs and the rest are just pretenders.

The Celtics should be ashamed of themselves for losing two in a row to the Hawks.
To be honest the Sixers and Hawks were two "dangerous" teams to play. Neither one of them know they're not supposed to be competing with the Celtics and Pistons. They play care free.

But you're right, the Lakers or Spurs will win it I believe.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

A month ago I was considering going to Wendover to put money on the Lakers winning it all. I would still wager on the Lakers, although the odds are probably not in my favor as much.

It's hard to bet against the Spurs, but Kobe is very hungry, he has Gasol semi-healthy to help him, I just don't see them losing.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

The real NBA Championship will be the Western Conference Finals.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

While Atlanta aren't world beaters, I watched that team the last two games and tried to figure out how they are 8 games under 0.500

Has Bibby made that much of a difference?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Has Bibby made that much of a difference?
No. But Josh Smith has played unbelievable the last two games. He plays like that all year and they aren't an 8 seed, that is for sure.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Everyone on CB is slagging the Lakers sweep....maybe because it makes them feel better? The bottom line is that the Lakers are playing pretty well right now and I think have a nice chance against the Jazz next week (not making any promises on that one, though).

Personally, I have observed Kobe to be focused and has his teammates believing. You can see it in their faces. They loves passing as much as making a basket. They support each other.

I think many will recognize over the next few weeks.

That being said, I am still not ready to write off the Celtics. There is a big difference between being beatable and being beaten.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Everyone on CB is slagging the Lakers sweep....maybe because it makes them feel better?
It's because they're secretly crapping their pants. The Lakers are a very tough matchup for the Jazz.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post

I actually think the Jazz or Lakers will win it all. I am not impressed in the least by the Spurs right now. They are soft this year and don't have the depth they need. The Jazz are a tough team to play in a 7 game series. They are physical and defensive-minded. And they rarely lose at home (the game against the Rockets notwithstanding). If you lose one on your home court, you have almost no chance of beating the Jazz.

Kobe is playing great right now. They would be very good with Bynum. As is, they are beatable, particularly since they are so beat up right now (though the extra day of rest will help them).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #10
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I am always amazed when I meet a Lakers fan. It's like meeting a devil-worshiper. I just can't conceive how anyone could root for that team.