cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #11
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

NBA- I cheer for the Jazz because I live in Utah. I am not a huge NBA fan and if I found myself living outside of Utah don't know if I would follow them much.

MLB- Yes, I am a Dodger die hard. Always have been and always will be. My dad is from L.A. so every time we went back to see my grandma each summer we made sure the Dodgers were in town and would catch 2 to 3 games. Loved going to Dodger stadium as kid.

NFL - I have always been a Bronco fan. I do however cheer for the Lions now because of a family friend. So as long as he is part of the Lions organization they will be team as well.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
NBA- I cheer for the Jazz because I live in Utah. I am not a huge NBA fan and if I found myself living outside of Utah don't know if I would follow them much.

MLB- Yes, I am a Dodger die hard. Always have been and always will be. My dad is from L.A. so every time we went back to see my grandma each summer we made sure the Dodgers were in town and would catch 2 to 3 games. Loved going to Dodger stadium as kid.

NFL - I have always been a Bronco fan. I do however cheer for the Lions now because of a family friend. So as long as he is part of the Lions organization they will be team as well.
Just like I thought, 3 awful teams.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Just like I thought, 3 awful teams.
This coming from someone that cheers for the Fish and the Giants.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

NBA: Lifelong Laker fan; I worked at the Forum while I finished up at SC.

MLB: Dodgers by default

NFL: None.....the NFL left LA, so I'm pretty indifferent; I enjoy college football over the NFL.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

MLB- I loved the Dodgers and the A's growing up. I still follow both though my interest in baseball has waned since I was a little kid. Meaning I don't watch Sunday night baseball, Tuesday doubleheader, Wednesday night baseball, and the Friday doubleheader on ESPN anymore. But if the A's or Dodgers are on TV I'll watch and I check the box scores daily. I am probably a bigger A's fan than Dodgers, but that has more to do with the American League than the team.

NBA- I have loved the Lakers ever since I could remember. My dad calls me after games. I used to attend games at the Forum. I try and get to the Jazz games when the Lakers are in town now that I live here.

NFL- Silver and Black. My dad used to take me out to Oxnard every summer. I'd watch them scrimmage and practice and then get autographs afterwards. I hope Al Davis dies soon. It's been tough since the super bowl loss.

I've never waivered and have religiously followed all these teams since I was a youngin'.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Yes, for the most part.

I've been a die-hard Jazz fan my whole life.

I grew up a Bears fan because of McMahon, until I was 7 and I was a 49ers fan when they traded for Steve Young. I've been a fan since, and was probably a bigger 49er fan than BYU fan up until I was about 17. I should add I was really pissed off at the franchise for some stupid decisions they made, including drafting Alex Smith (although him being a Ute had little to do with it). I've always been a fan, just had a harder time watching them as of late.

As far as baseball, I've tentatively been an Oakland A's fan since my mom grew up in the bay area. I don't really get into baseball, but if you asked me who I hoped wins the series every year, it'd be the A's. Although their moneyball approach at times drives me absolutely nuts.

I'm also partial to the San Diego teams as secondary teams because of family in the area, and the fact that if I could pick anywhere to live, it'd probably be San Diego. Plus, how can you not love the Chargers Powder Blue unis?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #17
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

MLB - Growing up, I went to probably 40 or 50 A's games. I usually made it a point to cheer for whoever was playing the A's, but they've grown on me over the years. If I had to choose, I would call myself an passive A's fan who also follows the Giants in the NL.

Prior to that, for 4 or 5 years I think I watched probably 75% of the Braves games on TBS. This was during the Dale Murphy, Bob Horner days when they stunk, but I was a follower because of the Murph and the fact that they were on tv every day.

NBA - When I lived in Utah, I tried hard to be a Jazz fan during their run in the mid 90's, but I just couldn't do it. Since returning to California, I've tried to be Kings fan, but they just don't do it for me either. No loyalties here.

NFL - Niners fan since I was a kid, still a niners fan, although I hardly watch any regular season games anymore. Without question, I'm a college football guy.

NHL - Have tried a few times over the years to get into the sport, but its useless. If I had a choose, I would say the Sharks, but I feel absolutely no loyalty to anyone here.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't imagine cheering for any other NFL team besides the Steelers. I've dragged my wife into my sinful ways to watch them play in San Francisco and New York, and last year took my 3 boys to a game in Phoenix. The kid in the middle claims to be an Eagles fan, but I'm working on him.

I've been an SF Giants fan since I was a little kid and could pick up KNBR late at night in SE Idaho. I've sort of rediscovered them the past couple of years as my second oldest son has really gotten into baseball and watches games with me.

I don't have an NBA team. I'm just not a basketball fan, pro or college, and really couldn't care less about it.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #19
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

NBA--Always been the Jazz...always loyal.

Baseball--Huge, Huge Giants fan growing up. Like Runner, I could pick up KNBR in Salt Lake City at night...so every night, I would turn on the radio and listen to Giants games till 11:30 or later when they finally ended. We would make a trip every other year to watch them play at Candlestick. Still a Giants fan but not intense as I used to be.

Football--became a 49ers fan back in 1981 (just after I started following the Giants). Follow them still, but not liked I used to. No real favorite now...

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Dodgers - My grandfather was a dodger fan, my father was a dodger fan, I am a dodger fan, and I hope my boys will be dodger fans. The golden pipes of Vin Scully bring back fond childhood memories. I might shed a tear when Vin passes from this life.

Lakers - Same as above, and I did shed a tear when Chick left to occupy the broadcast booth in the sky. I was raised on Laker showtime and I remember hating the Celtics and pretending I was Magic Johnson everytime I played basketball in the driveway. I remember being in PE class in highschool when Magic announced he had HIV. I was devestated and was sure that Magic would die shortly.

Broncos - Before my family moved back to CA. We lived for a time in western Nebraska and were the recepient of Denver television stations. I grew to like the Broncos since that was the only team I could watch until I was 11 and we moved to CA. These were the years of a young John Elway. I loved watching him play. I loved how he continued to crush Marty Schottenheimer year after year and I was crushed when he continued to lose superbowl after superbowl. I loved it when he finally won a couple late in his career.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote