cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jazz VP of player personnell Walt Perrin on Plaisted...........

"I think Trent struggled a little bit today physically in conditioning. I think he may have been a little sick. He needs to work on his total game. He needs to work on stepping out and hitting some jump shots, continue to work on his post-up game and moving his feet defensively." Asked about the importance of having a jump shot as a big man, Perrin said the perimeter game is important. "You have to learn how to step out and knock down a 12 or 15 jump shot because in our league, at our level, it would be hard for him to be on the post all the time."

He essentialy told Trent to work on everything, then he went on to say:

Said Perrin Tuesday, "I don't know where he goes right now, if he's a solid second round pick, at No. 44, and I think he'll be available, I don't know if we take him."

He also said on Sportsbeat Sunday that Trent should have stayed in school another year. So essentially Trent you are not NBA ready, you play awful defense, what you think is your strength in the post actually needs a lot of work, your conditioning was suspect, you have no jump shot and if you were available at #44 (which you will be) we wont take you.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

morris almond can't make the team, how is trent going to make the team? how is the first round draft pick going to make the team?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
morris almond can't make the team, how is trent going to make the team? how is the first round draft pick going to make the team?
He actually said a first round pick in this year draft is going to have a hell of a time making the team, let alone a 2nd round guy.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
"I think Trent struggled a little bit today physically in conditioning. I think he may have been a little sick. He needs to work on his total game. He needs to work on stepping out and hitting some jump shots, continue to work on his post-up game and moving his feet defensively." Asked about the importance of having a jump shot as a big man, Perrin said the perimeter game is important. "You have to learn how to step out and knock down a 12 or 15 jump shot because in our league, at our level, it would be hard for him to be on the post all the time."

He essentialy told Trent to work on everything, then he went on to say:

Said Perrin Tuesday, "I don't know where he goes right now, if he's a solid second round pick, at No. 44, and I think he'll be available, I don't know if we take him."

He also said on Sportsbeat Sunday that Trent should have stayed in school another year. So essentially Trent you are not NBA ready, you play awful defense, what you think is your strength in the post actually needs a lot of work, your conditioning was suspect, you have no jump shot and if you were available at #44 (which you will be) we wont take you.
Certainly a ringing endorsement of Peanut Brain. When it all comes down to it, Majerus was right about Plaisted.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
He actually said a first round pick in this year draft is going to have a hell of a time making the team, let alone a 2nd round guy.
How do you define making the team? Sitting on the bench as the 12th guy, seeing rotation minutes, or playing in Orem with the Flash?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Certainly a ringing endorsement of Peanut Brain. When it all comes down to it, Majerus was right about Plaisted.
Yeah, the Utes couldn't have use him the last three years.

Next thing, someone will do an analysis of Trents purchase of an automobile, noting all the mistakes, and MP will chime in:

"Majerus was right about Plaisted."

Plaisted trips.

Plaisted farts.

I certainly question his readiness for the NBA, but maybe it will work out in the end. That said, Majerus was plenty wrong about plenty of other players, so I fail to see the relevance of your obsession.

Man, I am cranky today.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Maybe he can get St. Louis to average than 29 points in two games against George Washington next year.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Maybe he can get St. Louis to average than 29 points in two games against George Washington next year.
Majerus will win more tournament games at St Louis than Rose will win at BYU. Of course that isn't that impressive as it will only take one victory.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Yeah, the Utes couldn't have use him the last three years.

Next thing, someone will do an analysis of Trents purchase of an automobile, noting all the mistakes, and MP will chime in:

Plaisted trips.

Plaisted farts.

I certainly question his readiness for the NBA, but maybe it will work out in the end. That said, Majerus was plenty wrong about plenty of other players, so I fail to see the relevance of your obsession.

Man, I am cranky today.
Majerus didn't say he would be a bad college player he said he had a peanut brain. I think Plaisted recent history shows that he is, in fact, a peanut brain.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Poor Indy. It must really suck to not get over the fact that BYU was Majerus' bitch.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote