cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

I can't remember the last time I cheered out loud for and Olympic event like I did last night. Incredible finish for the Americans.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Kids were bed, wife asleep with her head on my lap. My screaming woke up my wife; absolutely incredible. So much fun to watch. Phelps's cheering Lezak on, looking up quickly to the board to see if he'd done it, and then going nuts is a priceless piece of footage.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12

Last edited by Levin; 08-11-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
I can't remember the last time I cheered out loud for and Olympic event like I did last night. Incredible finish for the Americans.
Same, I felt like I was at the stadium or something. Great drama and that is what makes the Olympics so great. No tomorrow, no next season. If you screw up, you have to train 4 more years to try again.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #14
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

I watched that last night too, and I was blown away. My roommate and I were both shouting at the TV. I still can't believe how fast that guy was swimming at the end. We sat there and watched the replay over and over again, and I finally decided that at the end he just willed himself into the wall. I can't figure out how he got there before the french, but I love that he did.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

After watching all this swimming, it has come to my attention that my body does not look like theirs.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
After watching all this swimming, it has come to my attention that my body does not look like theirs.
Did you want short little legs with a freakishly long torso, and a set of monkey arms?
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #17
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Kids were bed, wife asleep with her head on my lap. My screaming woke up my wife; absolutely incredible. So much fun to watch. Phelps's cheering Lezak on, looking up quickly to the board to see if he'd done it, and then going nuts is a priceless piece of footage.
Okay Levin, you do have some redeeming value.

I woke the kids up screaming at the TV.

All the build up and Gaines' assessment that we had no chance makes it seem like it was all made up for dramatic effect. Did I hear music in the background as Lezak won it in the last 10 meters? What an amazing moment, kind of like Beck to Harline.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Did you want short little legs with a freakishly long torso, and a set of monkey arms?
Yeah, uh, that's not really how my wife describes their bodies...
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
All I know is when those swimmers get ready, they all do that same move.......wave their arms in circles to loosen up....and you see these massive lats, traps, rear delts, etc.

I need to work on my back muscles because I am tired of physically overpowering people using roundhouse kicks.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #20
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
All I know is when those swimmers get ready, they all do that same move.......wave their arms in circles to loosen up....and you see these massive lats, traps, rear delts, etc.

I need to work on my back muscles because I am tired of physically overpowering people using roundhouse kicks.
So, you like to keep opponents at bay by using the roundhouse? Not a bad strategy if you've got the longer legs. I have shorter legs and a longer torso, so I'm more of a scrapper.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote