cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #31
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
You don't read well do you?
Oh, I read fine. I just don't believe that you and your brothers were absolutely guiltless.

I'm not at all saying that the very few idiots that gave you problems were right to do so, but if you're going to wear BYU gear in RES when Utah is not playing BYU, you're risking that the few idiots who are there will do this.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #32
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I agree they aren't Ute fans. They are Yewt "fans". Big difference.

I hope you know too, that in no way, am I trying to lump you, the funkster or the other U fans on here who post into the group of fans talked about in this thread because I know you guys aren't like that.
Yes, I understand who you're talking about. No worries.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #33
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Oh, I read fine. I just don't believe that you and your brothers were absolutely guiltless.

I'm not at all saying that the very few idiots that gave you problems were right to do so, but if you're going to wear BYU gear in RES when Utah is not playing BYU, you're risking that the few idiots who are there will do this.
I don't lie, and I don't make things up, and I resent the accusation.

If you go back and read my previous posts more carefully you will see that I CLEARLY stated before that it was my FIRST TIME IN RES. I didn't know what to expect. Now I know that if I show up in BYU gear that there will be a few people there that will demonstrate a complete lack of self-control, and the rest of the yewts will sit in their seats smiling and snickering about it. Because, in typical yewt fashion they believe that showing up in BYU gear is grounds for whatever treatment gets dished out. I'd like to believe you're different, but your rush to defend the behavior and point the finger at me as the instigator hasn't been convincing. Water seeks it's own level.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:50 AM   #34
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
I don't lie, and I don't make things up, and I resent the accusation.

If you go back and read my previous posts more carefully you will see that I CLEARLY stated before that it was my FIRST TIME IN RES. I didn't know what to expect. Now I know that if I show up in BYU gear that there will be a few people there that will demonstrate a complete lack of self-control, and the rest of the yewts will sit in their seats smiling and snickering about it. Because, in typical yewt fashion they believe that showing up in BYU gear is grounds for whatever treatment gets dished out. I'd like to believe you're different, but your rush to defend the behavior and point the finger at me as the instigator hasn't been convincing. Water seeks it's own level.
If I see someone acting like an ass, I call them on it. I don't let it happen in my section, nor do the majority of those around me.

I'm not defending the behavior of those who did this to you. Your brothers should have at least known better than to wear BYU gear to a Utah game when BYU isn't the opponent. I'm just saying that you can't claim ignorance as a reason for innocence.

Did you deserve that treatment? Not at all. Was it an indirect result of what you were wearing? Yes, it was.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #35
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I suppose in theory yewt's poor form could be a result of my actions, but I am only responsible for my behavior, not some stranger's irrational reactions. For the record, I mind my own business at games. I have NEVER engaged in a verbal or physical altercation with anyone at ANY game. I don't make obscene gestures, I don't throw things at people, I don't hold up signs, I don't stand in front of people to annoy them. I do cheer and clap loudly, but I don't shout out insults, or stuff that's going to irritate people around me.

You're wrong. I never went while it was Rice stadium. I tried to go in '98 but my dad stood in front of the door and wouldn't let me out. So, my first of may experiences at RES was a memorable little trip up in '00 when I went with my brothers to watch the yewts lose to CSU. I think we were in our seats minding our own business for all of about 5 minutes before a yewt clear on the other side of the section stood up and started screaming obscenities at us. Entirely unprovoked, we would have never even noticed him down there if he hadn't have freaked out like that. For the rest of the game we had people throwing stuff at us, flipping us off, obscene, lewd remarks. Not so unlike some of the stuff I saw going down at Dodger stadium last night. Although I have never been...oh, take that back, I have been mooned by a yewt leaving a game up there. His buddy pulled up in a car and he hung his backside out the car window. Ever since '00 I'd say I make it up to RES probably once a season. In the yewts defense, I think the Dodger fans throwing beer at the Giants fans is something that I've never seen at RES...but I did see it go down at the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl.

Did you have any other erroneous assumptions you wanted to make about me?
Here's an idea... don't go to RES.. watch the game on tv and save yourself the attack
Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #36
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
Here's an idea... don't go to RES.. watch the game on tv and save yourself the attack
No thanks, in more recent years I've grown to appreciate the humor in watching people get all bent out of shape over nothing.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote