cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jazz fans make asses of themselves

Getting giddy over an infant with cancer causing Derek Fisher to leave the team. What a bunch of self-serving asswipes.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2805467
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Getting giddy over an infant with cancer causing Derek Fisher to leave the team. What a bunch of self-serving asswipes.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2805467
You were the only one that said anything about his daughter being sick. I didn't see anybody getting giddy over the fact that Fisher's daughter had cancer - just about the fact that Fisher is leaving. The article itself doesn't state Fisher's reasons for leaving.

If that was a troll then nicely done. If not, then the only person making an ass of themselves was you.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It's really embarrassing and classless.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
You were the only one that said anything about his daughter being sick. I didn't see anybody getting giddy over the fact that Fisher's daughter had cancer - just about the fact that Fisher is leaving. The article itself doesn't state Fisher's reasons for leaving.

If that was a troll then nicely done. If not, then the only person making an ass of themselves was you.
At the same time Indy rarely passes up an opportunity to troll for Jazz fans anyway...and he knows it. He certainly isn't guiltless in his hypocritical accusation of Jazz fans.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's really embarrassing and classless.
I really don't understand what is classless. Of course it is a win/win situation. Fisher gets let out of a contract so that he is able to play somewhere there is a major facility that can treat his daughter and the Jazz can get rid of his $6M+ salary. No one has even hinted that his daughters cancer is a win, it the fact that the Jazz are willing to let him out of his contract so he can play somewhere else that is the win for him, that way he doesn't have to either retire or be away from his family so much while his daughter is having treatments.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
I really don't understand what is classless. Of course it is a win/win situation. Fisher gets let out of a contract so that he is able to play somewhere there is a major facility that can treat his daughter and the Jazz can get rid of his $6M+ salary. No one has even hinted that his daughters cancer is a win, it the fact that the Jazz are willing to let him out of his contract so he can play somewhere else that is the win for him, that way he doesn't have to either retire or be away from his family so much while his daughter is having treatments.
It's pretty obvious that some are cheering he's no longer on the team,,,even in light of the obvious event of why...to me that is classless.

I think it would be equally classless whether he's in the spotlight or not or whether it were someone else to cheer a co-worker or anyone to be gone, in the light of something like that.

It's classless.

Teamwise is it a win-win for the Jazz? Yeah, in the long run I think it is, but to cheering him to be gone, in light of the circumstances....yes that is obviously classless.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 AM   #7
ewth8tr

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that some are cheering he's no longer on the team,,,even in light of the obvious event of why...to me that is classless.

I think it would be equally classless whether he's in the spotlight or not or whether it were someone else to cheer a co-worker or anyone to be gone, in the light of something like that.

It's classless.

Teamwise is it a win-win for the Jazz? Yeah, in the long run I think it is, but to cheering him to be gone, in light of the circumstances....yes that is obviously classless.
Cheering? Perhaps, but for simply calling it a win win? No. I think Indy is just bored since the utes aren't as fun to rile up right now since many are licking their wounds still, so he is targeting jazz fans.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #8
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
Cheering? Perhaps, but for simply calling it a win win? No. I think Indy is just bored since the utes aren't as fun to rile up right now since many are licking their wounds still, so he is targeting jazz fans.
Well that's par for the course for Indy...as for our opinions on the other matter...you and I just aren't going to agree.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #9
ewth8tr

Quote:
Well that's par for the course for Indy...as for our opinions on the other matter...you and I just aren't going to agree.
I didn't figure we'd agree, I don't take the holier than though path very often Them calling it a win-win is classless, but you calling someone a piece of shit apostate is just calling it like it is

Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 AM   #10
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I am definitely in the minority here, but I think Fisher was a good Jazz player. I liked his contribution and leadership. Even if he didn't have the stats you would want from a player with that kind of salary (and he clearly didn't), he was a veteran leader on the team and an all around good guy. Every team needs someone like that if they are going to succeed.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote