cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a stark realization

this year may be my last watching college football.

Every year I stop watching something.

I do not watch a single Pro sport now. There are no players that strike my fancy.

I did not watch a single baseball, basketball and to date, no football games. I may attend the Super Bore party for social reasons.

I have season tickets for UNLV bball but find it hard to go because they're so average.

I have stopped watching BYU basketball because they're not on tv, except when they play UNLV here.

Unless BYU actually improves this next year, it may be my last. My lawn does need mowing now and then.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:07 AM   #2
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I've noticed the same thing in my sports viewing. I used to live for NFL Sundays with Steve Young at the head of the Niners. Since he's retired my interest in the league has steadily waned. Now that I'm a bit busier on Sunday's than I used to be I barely get to watch at all. I don't miss it much. I catch the highlights, and I won't miss the Super Bowl, but I can see myself relegated to the occasional Monday Night game very soon.

As far as the Cougars go, I've got several more years before I could give that up.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote