cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #11
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

I found this photo of me that pretty much sums up my race
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00111-03-0316.jpg (33.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 11-08-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

btw, congrats on a good start to your new-found hobby. Its a great sport. I'm hoping to get back into tris next year if I can find the time to get back in the pool.

Riding without a spare??? What was it - an unfortunate oversight on a borrowed bike or purely a rookie mistake?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #13
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Riding without a spare??? What was it - an unfortunate oversight on a borrowed bike or purely a rookie mistake?
A little of both I think. I had not planned on doing this one but the night before things started to come together and I decided it was going to work out. Definitely a rookie mistake and I was thinking about so many things that a flat was the furthest thing from my mind. I was lucky to get pedals on the bike as they arrived at the race a half hour before the start. :shock:
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #14
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
A little of both I think. I had not planned on doing this one but the night before things started to come together and I decided it was going to work out. Definitely a rookie mistake and I was thinking about so many things that a flat was the furthest thing from my mind. I was lucky to get pedals on the bike as they arrived at the race a half hour before the start. :shock:
sucks about the flat.

I had nothing but bike troubles this year in my tris. I made it though the st george tri wihtout any isssues I believe but that was the last one to make it through unscathed. My next one I flatted with 2 miles to go so I just rode it out and let it get flatter, was riding on rim when I came into transition. Did a mountain bike one a week later and broke my chain after 3 miles, pushed the bike fro 2 miles and then found someone witha chain tool so I could fix it.

Later in the year I did another offorad tri and my shifter broke, leaving me with only granny gear for the last 3 miles of the ride. luckily it was mostly climbing and steep downhill but it stilled sucked hardcore.

So this year was the year of bike problems and I am hoping next year I will have none of that.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote