cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #21
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Mike, I have your answer. All you need to do is order Pat Robertson's protein shake and pretty soon you will be dunking with little effort. Hell, you could probably do tomahawk, 360-degree, from-the-three-point-line slam dunks if you want. Pat has been drinking them for a while and he claims he can now leg-press 2000 lbs. Never mind that this is ~700 lbs. more than the world record or that he is 72 years old, or that it would burst the capillaries in the eyes of a normal human. Pat swears it is true. I read a funny article about this in Time recently. Here is another one:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/spin/story/9454343
Did you think Pat meant that he did it all at once? It is a cumulative total. 10 lbs. a day, that's all it takes.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #22
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
Did you think Pat meant that he did it all at once? It is a cumulative total. 10 lbs. a day, that's all it takes.
Nope. One time. Photos and video to prove it.

http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/shake.aspx
Old 06-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #23
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Nope. One time. Photos and video to prove it.

http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/shake.aspx
As much as I would like to watch that entire scintillating video I can't tear myself away long enough from Hoya coug and All-American's disucssion about the object of Hebrew verbs that may be incorrectly translated to do so. I do note however, that the link to the video states that it shows him only pressing 1,000 lbs. Must have been a warm-up.

It's my impression that ole pat has popped more than a few vessels in the past (let's see . . . ad hominem negative?) and so is unlikely to be bothered by a few more giving way when he demolishes the Florida State leg press record by more than 5 MikeWaters.